SeniorHomes Caregiver Scholarship
Caregiving is a full-time job unto itself. And then when you add the challenges of being a full-time student—in addition to managing your own life—you are facing three full-time jobs and only 24 hours in the day. Yet you cannot walk away from any of these responsibilities. SeniorHomes.com understands what you are facing and would like to support you in achieving your goals of graduating and providing the best care possible for your loved one.
We are offering two $1,000 scholarships for caregivers who are actively enrolled in a U.S. college or university.
To apply, student caregivers may submit their story through a 1,200-word essay or a 5-minute video that tells us of your journey being a caregiver and student. Your submission should include:
- Who is the individual you are caring for, and when did you begin caring for them?
- How has caring for this individual affected your path in life or your career choice?
- How would this scholarship be beneficial for you in your role as a caregiver and student?
Your #SeniorHomesScholarship story should be submitted to us by March 30th, 2017. Winners will be announced by May 2nd, 2017.
Two students who are in good academic standing and attending a U.S. college or university will each receive a $1,000 scholarship from SeniorHomes.com for use in paying tuition and/or books.
How To Apply
- Read our Scholarship Agreement.
- Complete and submit the Application Form by 11:59 p.m. PST on March 30th, 2017.
- Judging will be based on the following criteria, that include, but are not limited to:
- Submission quality (inspiring, extraordinary, or otherwise compelling)
- Impact the scholarship will make on the life of the student and the person they care for
- Whether the applicant has addressed the application questions and satisfied the application guidelines
- Announcement of the winners will be made by May 2nd, 2017.
Eligibility for Application
- Students attending a U.S. university or college in spring 2017 and who will care for a loved one while actively enrolled in school. This includes current high school students who have been caregivers during high school and will continue caregiving for their loved one while attending college.
- Students must agree to the Scholarship Agreement and follow all application instructions.
SeniorHomes.com is a website that has assisted more than 40 million adults who are caregivers. We assist caregivers by offering information and guidance on topics ranging from health and housing to finances, family matters and legal issues.
Our goal is to to provide caregivers with the resources and information that they require to make better decisions, save time, and avoid feeling alone in their journey of caregiving. Our services include easy-to-use tools, time-saving tips and checklists, hundreds of helpful articles, expert information and personal support from a large community of caregivers. In addition, we can get you connected with other websites for additional information, tools and other resources.