Overview of Arkansas Assisted Living
Home to former President Bill Clinton, retail giant Wal-Mart and fine Southern hospitality, Arkansas boasts some of the best in the U.S. Surrounded by the Ozark Mountains, Mississippi River and Arkansas Delta, seniors who choose assisted living in Arkansas enjoy unparalleled natural beauty.
Conveniently located in the central United States, residents of Arkansas are only a few hours away from the amenities and services of major cities such as Little Rock, Dallas, St. Louis and Memphis.
Cost of Arkansas Assisted Living
The average cost of assisted living in Arkansas is $3,063 per month. This is higher than the national average which is $2,877 per month.
Assisted Living in Arkansas Defined
The State of Arkansas defines assisted living as any facility that provides assisted living services to three or more adult residents for a period of more than 24 hours. Residents live in apartment-style housing with an emphasis on personal self-direction and independence.
Assisted living services include:
- Room and board
- Laundry service
- Social activities
- Direct care and healthcare services
- 24-hour supervision
- Limited nursing services
Arkansas also breaks down assisted living facilities into two different types:
- Level I assisted living facilities are for seniors who need assisted living care and nothing else. Residents are free of serious medical conditions and do not require skilled nursing care.
- Level II assisted living facilities may provide nursing home care as well as assisted living care, but must keep residents with different needs in separate areas of the facility.
You can find full-service nursing homes in Arkansas in our Nursing Homes category.
Licensing of Arkansas Assisted Living Facilities
In the state of Arkansas, there are several types of facilities that provide care services for adults. Facilities that specifically provide assisted living services, such as bathing, grooming or supervision, for adults 60 years or older are called assisted living facilities.
Arkansas Code Title 20, Subtitle 2, 10-1703 defines assisted living facilities as any building or residential facility that provides assisted living services for more than 24 hours to three or more adult residents.
Senior Homes has an extensive directory of senior living options, with care and living providers across the United States.
Assisted Living Articles and Resources
Top Cities in Arkansas
- Little Rock Assisted Living
- Fort Smith Assisted Living
- Fayetteville Assisted Living
- Springdale Assisted Living
- Jonesboro Assisted Living
- North Little Rock Assisted Living
- Conway Assisted Living
- Rogers Assisted Living
- Pine Bluff Assisted Living
- Bentonville Assisted Living
- Hot Springs Assisted Living
- Texarkana Assisted Living
Compare Costs, Photos, & Reviews of All Your Options Near Arkansas