Description of South Port Square
Upsize your possibilities and experiment with new hobbies, re-ignite your sense of purpose and enjoy new experiences and connections with interesting new friends.
At our continuing care retirement community (CCRC), you’ll have independent living, assisted living, memory care, and skilled nursing all on one campus. That means if you or your spouse needs more care later, you have the lifestyle you want, plus the care you need.
Maybe you’ll want to join a game of mahjong, or check out a woodworking class on campus. Here, you can. We’ll take care of housekeeping and lawn maintenance while you focus on what you want to do. Need a little inspiration? Check out some of these possibilities:
- Water volleyball
- Art classes
- Fitness classes
- Foreign language classes (like Spanish and French)
- Acrylic painting lessons
- Coffee socials
- Trips into downtown
- Themed parties and happy hours
- Gospel singing and live concerts
It’s maintenance-free living at it’s best. And that’s just a few of the activities on campus. You can head off campus to do a little shopping or visit the historic town of Punta Gorda and the Port Charlotte area.
And with a dozen floor plans to choose from, including studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments, luxury retirement living comes with plenty of choices for your next home. Here are just a few of the features you’ll enjoy here:
- Basic utilities and maintenance are included—fewer bills mean fewer worries.
- Private lanai available for select floor plans
- Plenty of natural window light
- Full-size kitchens with updated appliances available
- Lots of storage
- Freedom to make it your own?
For your peace of mind, there is staff on site 24 hours a day, seven days a week to be alerted to an emergency. And when it comes to last-minute maintenance issues, we’ve got that covered.
With our continuum of care options, you’ll be prepared with the care you might need down the road. If you need skilled nursing care while recovering from surgery, no problem. Need an extra hand with daily activities like medication management or dressing? We’ve got that, too.
That means you won’t have to change communities again, even if you or your spouse need more care later. You’ll be able to stay together, on the same campus close to friends, enjoying the same lifestyle in the community you already love.
Our Alzheimer's and dementia care community, also known as Clare Bridge, is rooted in “a person-centered approach”. That means we help our residents find a sense of belonging and purpose while also helping them preserve who they are.
Did you know our community offers both rental and Life Care options?
- For the rental CCRC option, you pay a monthly rental fee based on the level of care and services you need— with no buy-in fee. That means you or a loved one move into whatever level of care you need—for instance, assisted living or skilled nursing.
- For the Life Care program, you’ve got two costs to consider, and even more financial gains. Let’s start with the upfront buy-in fee. The amount of the fee depends on your floor plan, services, and the Life Care contract you choose. It’s the buy-in fee that makes the Life Care guarantee possible.* The other cost is the monthly service fee, which is based on the type of accommodations and your level of care.
- With our Life Care option, you can make your assets last longer with substantial health, financial and lifestyle benefits. And you get our care for life guarantee*. This unique benefit guarantees that even if your financial resources are eventually exhausted due to no fault of your own you’ll still have the care you need.*
Whether you choose a rental or Life Care option, our community has the lifestyle you want and the care you need.
The Life Care guarantee is subject to the terms and conditions of the Residency Contract.