Description of University Village Assisted Living & Memory Care
At University Village Assisted Living & Memory Care, our staff members are 100% dedicated to the comfort, life enrichment and genuine happiness of all our residents and their loved ones. Our program emphasizes a Personal Touch Philosophy of care for those with Alzheimer's and various forms of dementia.
Our Personal Touch begins with the knowledge of history of each resident, as well as the education and understanding of the disease process. All of our staff goes through an extensive training on Dementia & Alzheimer's disease. Once we assess the resident, a tailored life program is then developed and delivered through each caregiver. With our Personal Touch philosophy, we develop close bonds between residents, their families, and our caregivers. This is the foundation for the friends helping friends approach to the Personal Touch philosophy. This may be the answer you have been seeking.
As in most wonderful neighborhoods, at University Village friends take care of friends. A life of stress-free living and familiar activities are found, once again, at University Village Memory Care.
Our unique community was designed with the residents in mind, providing an atmosphere that is inviting and comfortable for both your loved one and you. Upon visiting University Village, you will feel more like you are in someone's home rather than a care facility.
Our beautiful and home-like community is comprised of four distinct neighborhoods. The building was designed with the intention of having an amazing amount of natural light, which in turn helps with sleep patterns as well as mood. Each neighborhood offers a sense of home and comfort, reducing the feelings of loneliness and confusion. We understand how important this is to our residents and their loved ones.
Our philosophy for care strives to create a specialized environment that will afford each individual maximum self-expression. The staff is committed to creating a quality of care that meets the resident's physical, social, spiritual and emotional needs.
The Comforts of Home
- A familiar daily routine.
- Family-style, nutritious meals served three times daily and favorite snacks throughout the day.
- Opportunities for individual and group activities, including gardening, cooking, music movies and reminiscing.
- Weekly community outings to restaurants, movies, shopping, parks, and more.
- Our Personal Touch philosophy of memory care – a "friends taking care of friends" approach.
- Our friendly, affectionate "house" and "visiting" pets, which bring companionship, joy and loyalty to our residents.
- A beauty/barber shop on site.
- Therapy Fitness room, where our very own Home Healthy Company VALERIAN works with our residents.
- Neighborhood computers and complimentary WiFi available.
- Resident-accessible courtyards with fireplace & raised gardens.
Our Personal Touch Activities
- Dementia-specific activities, such as memory boxes, creative writing, and scrapbooking
- Exercise programs including Tai Chi, Yoga, musical stretching, walking, and balance activities.
- Stress-free classes ranging from patterning to sensory stimulation.
- Programs that encourage intergenerational relationships and community involvement.
- Spiritual opportunities for people of all religions.
- Creative arts and music activities that include rhythm, singing, and listening.
- Quality of care that meets the resident's physical, social, spiritual and emotional needs.
Thank you for your interest at University Village Assisted Living & Memory Care. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.