Description of Grace Park
Grace Park has a feel of a French country bed and breakfast. When you choose Grace Park you are choosing a lifestyle! Our beautiful grounds provide opportunities to explore and learn about nature year round, from the wonders of blooming flowers to the formation of icicles! Our Great Room and Country Kitchen offer opportunities to spend family time with YOUR family or our Grace Park family, while cooking, chatting or enjoying entertainment at happy hour.
For those who understand the importance of exercise, our multi-purpose room is used for daily exercise at many different impact levels, while others enjoy the walking paths through the gardens! Blossoms is a full-service salon keeping everyone here “Simply gorgeous!” After selecting the finest and freshest ingredients, our chefs prepare them to perfection and serve them in our beautiful dining room in the most delightful way.
But the heart of the lifestyle happens within our Arts and Entertainment department….
It is a vital program of activities that stimulate residents cognitively, culturally, creatively, psychologically, spiritually and physically and promotes individual and group pleasure and social interaction. It all starts with a monthly calendar that outlines fun, exciting and engaging activities. A calendar is a calendar but when you put it together with talented, passionate and energizing staff, it becomes a daily delight for our residents. Our staff delivers specialized activities for all of the Grace Park lifestyles.
Arts and Entertainment offer daily activities, such as:
- Exercise class
- Current events
- Walking club
- Education seminars linked to arts and crafts projects
- Mind simulating activities, and
- Cocktail hour twice a week with live entertainment.
Weekly, Arts and Entertainment offers:
- Shopping at local vendors
- Cooking class that incudes a chef demonstration
- Regular church services
- Bible study
- Dining out at local restaurants
- Movies in our multi-purpose room
They also arrange very special monthly extras activities as well, including:
- Ice cream runs
- Mystery trips – they never know where they going!
- Horse drawn carriage rides in Bethlehem
- Overnight stay at local bed and breakfasts
- Trips to the casino
- Themed events that start with educational seminar, music, dance, arts and craft and end with a very special dinner
- Country rides – through the 4 seasons
- Shows at the Shawnee Play House
- Feeding the fish at the Paradise Fish Preserve
- Our seniors are very civic minded, they contribute to the community projects and Arts and Entertainment help them to make the connections.
We are very proud to say that our seniors support our community in the following ways:
- Making blankets for cancer center, maternity ward and the veterans.
- They support Girl Scouts of the PA Heartland with their Silver Award requirements
- And everyone enjoys when the American Therapy Dog Association visits!
Supportive Living Services Include:
- Choice of studio, one bedroom, one bedroom with den, and two bedroom apartments with individual kitchenette
- Restaurant style nutritious meals daily; snacks and beverages available
- Emergency response system
- Monthly wellness check
- Fully fire resistant construction with sprinklers
- Central air conditioning and heating
- Building maintenance / manicured grounds
- Cable television, internet and telephone included
- Wall to wall carpeting / window blinds
- Smoke free campus
- Media Center / Fitness Center / Arts and Craft Center
- Eloquently appointed common areas
- Individualized care plan
- Medication management and administration
- Weekly housekeeping service
- Weekly personal laundry / bed and bath linens
- Social, spiritual, educational, and recreational programs
- 24 hour trained professional staff
- Transport arrangements and group activity transportation