Description of Heather Glen Senior Living
Heather Glen Senior Living’s Memory Care Community is grounded on a Philosophy of Wellness. We emphasize the Physical, Spiritual, Emotional, Social, Intellectual, and Environmental aspects of Wellness. Each resident with Alzheimer’s, or any other form of dementia, will be therapeutically assessed to determine their ability and capability. An individualized support plan will be developed including the collaborative input of the resident, family, caregivers, and support staff.
The Memory Care Community is designed with four neighborhoods that each provide a homelike environment for twelve residents. The community provides safety and security with electronic locked and alarmed doors. Residents have access to internal common areas, activity space, relaxing lounges and external gardens and walking areas.
The decision about selecting a Memory Care Community should include the resident and immediate caregivers. Heather Glen is focused on supporting both the resident and their loved ones.
Making the decision to reside at Heather Glen will offer the peace of mind that the resident will not only be cared for but cared about.
Each of the neighborhoods offer:
- 10 private and/or companion studios with full baths
- Central living room
- Kitchen / Dining room
- Secured courtyard with Therapy Garden
Therapy Garden Benefits
- Gardening is a good source of sensory stimulation - sights, smells, sounds, and touch!
- A great form of low-impact exercise for ALL stages of health
- Residents can soak in some much loved Vitamin D!
- A sense of community within the garden - Residents can work together and share tools between each other
- A strong sense of renewal - Residents can watch the seeds they plant grow into beautiful flowers and vegetables
- Residents feel accomplishment, pride, and purpose as they watch their plants progress.
- 24 hour specially trained staff
- On-site rehab therapy
- Life enrichment programming
- Walking path
- Multi-sensory room
- Beautiful bird aviary
- Wheelchair accessible transportation
Tour Heather Glen Senior Living
The best way to get to know a community is by scheduling a tour. See the facilities, meet the staff and residents, and get a feel first hand what it's like to live at Heather Glen Senior Living Assisted Living.
Reviews of Heather Glen Senior Living
Heather Glen Senior Living
415 Blue Barn Road
I visited this facility
Heather Glen was an outstanding facility, absolutely gorgeous, and fantastic. My only contact was with the marketing director who was fabulous and did a wonderful job. They had everything prepared and ready for my husband. He never got there, but the place was fabulous. They had an aviary, a putting green, and a beautiful aquarium. It's just a gorgeous place and I was very impressed. I would highly recommend it.