Description of Lakes Crossing Senior Care
The Help You Need – The Care You Deserve
At Lakes Crossing Assisted Living Community, residents do everything they want to do on their own. When assistance is required, our well-trained, warm and caring staff is there to provide it, no matter what the need. From basic activities of daily living, such as bathing and dressing, to transportation and reminders to take medication. We give care that you and your loved one can rely on. All of our residents receive care delivered with the respect they deserve.
Personalized Service and Support
Every resident is different, and “assisted living services” means different things to different people. That’s why we begin with a customized assessment of support services requirements before our residents even move in. With this information, we can plan to meet each resident’s specific needs from day one. We also follow up after move-in to make sure the level of support is sufficient and appropriate. With full-service care in mind, we can make whatever changes need to be made. As a resident ages and has more specific needs, we want to accommodate them. We can modify the level of care delivered as the level of need changes.
In the Assisted Living Community the basic level of care includes:
- Three balanced meals a day prepared by the community’s chef plus 2 snacks
- 24 hour staff
- Daily scheduled activities and social events
- Dining, shopping, and special events scheduled with transportation
- Weekly room cleaning
- Transportation to medical appointments
- General health monitoring
In the Seasons Memory Care community you have a more tailored program, since dementia, which includes Alzheimer’s, is a progressive disease. Residents have room to walk around inside and outside. They have porches filled with rocking chairs and tables. They have many activities to stimulate brain function and keep smiles on their faces. We securely and closely monitor our Seasons Memory Care community. Many times our Assisted Living community joins in for games.
Consistent and individually tailored programs.
There are many different forms of dementia, caused either by disease or trauma. All are troubling not only for those with the disease, but also for their families. With dementia, a person’s world gets smaller, less certain, less safe. Giving consistent care and support for someone with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia can take all your energy, your emotions, and even your family relationships. Lakes Crossing Seasons Memory Care services can help everyone in your family enjoy a better quality of life. Our program is personalized for each person, using their strengths and building a foundation of learning and meaningful activities. Come visit and see firsthand how we have cared for our residents and their families.
Key Principles of Our Memory Care Programming
- Evaluate each resident to understand his or her unique interests.
- Keep verbal instruction to a minimum: simple, clear and pleasant.
- Consider more than just one “right” way of doing things.
- Cue residents during activities, encouraging them to participate without assistance, yet assist when indicated.
- Provide immediate and frequent verbal encouragement.
- Build on skills and capabilities.
- Problem-solve beginning with simple to concrete and concrete to abstract.
- Train residents to work from left to right and top to bottom.
- Use repetition to promote success and positive engagement.
- Use programs that build and help retain skills and capabilities.
For Seniors with Memory Loss, Repetition and Positive Engagement Strengthens Connections and Celebrates Life.
Tour Lakes Crossing Senior Care
The best way to get to know a community is by scheduling a tour. See the facilities, meet the staff and residents, and get a feel first hand what it's like to live at Lakes Crossing Senior Care Assisted Living.