Description of BrightStar Senior Living of Fort Wayne
At BrightStar Senior Living of Fort Wayne, our Assisted Living and Memory Care households combine best-of-class residential healthcare with best-of-class senior living, all guided by our philosophy of Person-Centered Care of a Higher Standard.
For seniors needing general care, our Assisted Living caregivers address daily challenges to make residents feel right at home. Our nurse begins to understand an individual’s needs by performing a comprehensive assessment that evaluates three key areas: medication support, wellness needs, and personal care. Informed by the assessment, we develop a tailored plan of care that guides our specially trained caregivers on how to help the best support each resident.
Assisted Living services:
- Life enrichment and socialization activities
- Medication administration
- Personal care (bathing, dressing, grooming, bathroom/toileting)
- Mobility and transferring
- Chef prepared meals
- Assistance with eating, if needed
We focus on living life every day, and it’s easy with our small communities. Whether it’s spending time with family, gardening or listening to some favorite music, we provide care and support so your loved one can spend time doing the things that fulfill them and make them smile.
Our Memory Care household is home for those with early-to-late-stage memory loss, making us an excellent choice when other facilities can’t or won’t offer more complex memory support. Our trained caregivers deliver personalized assistance for those with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia through our BrightStar Connections program in our small, purposefully designed Memory Care neighborhood. Structured, supported daily routines that help maintain the daily rhythm of our residents with just the right amount of Things to Do:
- Environmental cues that help with seasonal, directional and time-of-day orientation
- Thoughtful community design that optimizes function and enables residents’ ability to navigate
- Purposeful programming scheduled seven days a week by our full-time Life Enrichment Coordinator
- Specialized behavioral approaches
- Engaging Life Skills areas
- IN2L – computer system that provides cognitive stimulation and connection
- Comprehensive medication management program to ensure residents are receiving the needed level of support for safe medication management, administration and oversight.
- And more!
All of our staff receive additional Memory Care training and can become certified in BrightStar Connections℠, our Person-Centered Approach of a Higher Standard of Memory Care. Regular assessments performed by a nurse take each resident’s physical, mental, emotional, spiritual and social needs into consideration to promote optimal wellness and purposeful approaches to behavioral expressions day in and day out. These assessments further inform a highly individualized plan of care, combining care and medication support when and how it’s needed based directly on your unique needs.
Tour BrightStar Senior Living of Fort Wayne
The best way to get to know a community is by scheduling a tour. See the facilities, meet the staff and residents, and get a feel first hand what it's like to live at BrightStar Senior Living of Fort Wayne Assisted Living.