Do you have firsthand experience with a senior community or service provider? If so, we invite you to write a review on SeniorHomes.com to help other families looking for senior care on our site.
Who should leave a review on SeniorHomes.com?
If you've had firsthand experience with a senior care provider within the last 3 years, please consider leaving a review!
Reviews are welcome from:
- Current/past residents
- Family members/friends of residents
- Individuals who have toured/visited the provider
Reviews are not accepted from:
- Current/past employees or paid representatives of a provider or its parent company
- Individuals who are a competitor of the provider/parent company
Helpful tips on writing a high-quality review
Here are some tips for creating a review that will be beneficial to both a visitor to the community and the community/service provider themselves.
- Be specific: The best reviews are grounded in details that tell a story. Select a defining element of your experience with this provider and elaborate.
- Explain your rating: Describe what aspects were most important to you about the provider. Why did you select the ratings you did?
- Be honest and sincere: Whether positive or negative, the most valuable reviews are truthful. We do not remove reviews that are critical.
- When possible, be constructive: Should you feel that the community or service provider did not meet expectations in a particular area, offer a potential solution. This is both beneficial for readers of the review the community or service provider themselves.
Things to avoid when writing a review
We want reviews on SeniorHomes.com to be helpful and informative to all. Certain types of content can hinder this, so here are some general guidelines on things that can qualify a review for rejection.
- Information that is not relevant to senior care offered by the provider. For instance, what the weather was like on the day you visited the provider won’t help other people determine whether the provider is a good fit.
- Language or content that is unlawful, profane, obscene, potentially libelous or defamatory, vulgar, hateful, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, offensive, or pornographic, or otherwise objectionable in nature. We want content that is appropriate for all readers, so reviews that contain any of the above will not be accepted.
- Negative statements that lack supporting details about first-hand experience. These statements may be potentially defamatory or libelous. Personal attacks will also not be allowed.
- References to pending lawsuits or investigations. In those instances, we invite you to resubmit your review once the investigation or court case has been concluded.
- References to other providers or reviewers. Even if you disagree with what other reviewers had to say, please focus your review on your own personal experience with the provider in question.
- Content that is not your own words or has been duplicated from another source. No one wants to read something that has been taken from another source, so please don’t plagiarize another individual's review.
- Solicitation of services. Reviews are a place for people to share their personal experiences with a community or service provider, and not a place to solicit services or products.
- Job postings. If you are looking for work, we suggest you contact the community or service provider directly.
- Private or personally-identifiable information. For everyone’s safety and privacy, please refrain from including other people’s full names, phone numbers, postal mailing addresses, email addresses, dates of birth/death and other personally identifiable information.
- Inappropriate display name.
What happens after you submit a review
Our team will evaluate your submission to make sure it meets our guidelines, typically within five business days. For more information about reviews on SeniorHomes.com, visit our Reviews FAQ.
SeniorHomes.com reserves the right to remove a review or comment at any time for any reason without notice. Reviews and comments on SeniorHomes.com are the sole opinion of the respective author and do not reflect the opinion of SeniorHomes.com or its members. We do not support or endorse any of the opinions found in reviews or comments on SeniorHomes.com.