Description of The Sentinel of Amsterdam
The Sentinel of Amsterdam was created with a vision centered on providing individualized care in a home-like setting for seniors. Family owned and operated, The Sentinel brings decades of experience in the provision of quality care to its residents. Our philosophy focuses on taking a positive approach to senior living and our goals are to building an active and full life in a person's retirement years.
Through exceptional care and services, unparalleled attention, a wide array of stimulating and engaging social activities, our residents live each day to the fullest. Personal freedom and independence is something that is promoted daily at The Sentinel.
Located in downtown Amsterdam, “the small city with a big heart”, The Sentinel sits overlooking the Mohawk Valley Gateway Overlook Pedestrian Bridge. Its location provides the feeling of exclusivity and tranquility while being only minutes from Downtown, Local Shopping and the Amsterdam Golf Course.
The Sentinel of Amsterdam offers Residential & Personal Care Services like no other setting. Our residents have come to expect the same level of comfort and security as they would enjoy in their own homes. We offer:
- One bedroom and semi-private suites
- Three delicious homemade meals and refreshments daily
- Special diets offered based on dietary needs
- Daily recreational activities. View activity calendar
- 24 hour Security and Receptionist Services
- Daily Housekeeping Services
- Assistance with Medication Management
- Personal Care and Bathing Assistance
- Laundry and Linen Services
- Arrangement with Transportation for
- Emergency call system
- Complete fire protection system
- Beauty Parlor
- Cable Television
Tour The Sentinel of Amsterdam
The best way to get to know a community is by scheduling a tour. See the facilities, meet the staff and residents, and get a feel first hand what it's like to live at The Sentinel of Amsterdam Assisted Living.