Description of Nagel Assisted Living
Nagel Assisted Living & Memory Care, founded in 2015, is an exciting new addition to the city of Waconia, MN. Housed in the former Nagel Hospital opened in 1933, our community has been designed with an eye toward keeping the charm of this historic site while freshly renovating the entire structure and adding an important new addition to house our memory care community. Our focus is to provide modest, economical housing accommodations that promote independence and well-being, with support available when needed. Residents live simply while not sacrificing quality of life. As a member of our community, residents have the opportunity to:
- Build Solid Relationships With Fellow Residents – Our community living arrangements will help our residents connect with neighbors quickly and build strong relationships that will enrich their lives.
- Stay Connected to the Local Community – Through regular on-site community events and involvement, residents stay connected to the town of Elmore and surrounding communities.
- Enjoy the Health Services Needed in the Comfort of Residents’ Homes – From physical therapy to memory care, our residents have access to the assistance they need to continue to live life to the fullest.
Modest Accommodations, Enriched Connections
Nagel Assisted Living & Memory Care was established based on our COMMUNITY LIVING PHILOSOPHY. We believe closer resident connections foster stronger, more vibrant communities. This philosophy can be seen through our:
- Shared Rooms –We offer single, companion, and triple resident rooms, shared baths, and laundry areas.
- Restaurant-Style Dining – Residents enjoy a full continental breakfast and 2 home-cooked, made-to-order meals a day plus snacks served in a community dining setting.
- Daily Activity Schedule – From crafting to bingo to on-site spiritual services, we offer residents many options to allow them to stay as active as they like on a daily basis.
Memory Care Built for You & Your Loved Ones
Caring for a family member or loved one with dementia can be challenging. As symptoms of memory loss,confusion, and even aggressive speech or actions escalate, family members find it increasingly difficult to offer the continuous care that their loved ones need to stay safe and comfortable. Sunflower Communities’ SEEDS OF SUCCESSTM is an innovative new memory care program created to address these challenges & bring hope to loved ones and their families facing the realities of dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease.
In our memory care neighborhoods, we believe life doesn’t stop with a diagnosis of dementia.
By focusing on what our residents can do - providing engaging daily activities that activate all five senses, and offering evidence-based, compassionate care - we create a home that promotes safety, well-being, and happiness for each of our residents. Take a few moments to explore our innovative philosophy of care, specialized programming, and unique community features that set our memory care program apart. We hope to partner with you soon as we work together to create the best possible environment and opportunities for your loved one.
Thank you for your interest in Nagel Assisted Living and Memory Care. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.
Tour Nagel Assisted Living
The best way to get to know a community is by scheduling a tour. See the facilities, meet the staff and residents, and get a feel first hand what it's like to live at Nagel Assisted Living Assisted Living.