I visited this facility
My mother moved into the Lakes at Banning. They're not that old, they have a lot of amenities, and when we visited we got a really good feeling from the community. It was closer to my sister, so she can pop in easily, and it's less expensive. It's a good size community, and it takes a while to walk through the building. The staff member is very personable, outgoing, and she loves her job. We ate there a couple of times, it was excellent, and everything is in place, and kept up. They have a bus so they can go on trips, and they go on outings, or to the store.
I am a friend or relative of a current/past resident
The Lakes at Banning was very nice, very clean, and pretty modern. It's kind of pricy for what you get. She was paying almost $600 a month for showers and medicines in addition to her rent, which to me was a lot. They keep an eye on them, and the nurses would come and give her meds twice a day and do her showers when needed. She was happy there. They had pretty good food. They were very nice to her. There were a couple of times I had somebody that I didn't quite gel with, but the staff was very good. They had a lot of activities, but she didn't participate in any. She had her own apartment.
I Visited This Community
The Lakes was beautiful, clean, affordable, and the rooms are lovely. You get so much more for what you pay, and we’re very happy with it. The attitude of the people who worked with us was just wonderful. They offered all kinds of stuff. They don’t have a set eating time. There's a chef working from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and you can eat whatever you want, whenever you want, like at a restaurant. They had free transportation to local areas, a beauty shop, and happy hours.
Was review this helpful?
3 PEOPLE HAVE FOUND THIS HELPFUL
I Visited This Community
We liked The Lakes at Banning. It was nice and clean. The only drawback we saw was it was too big. The gentleman told us there were 200-something apartments, but all of their facilities seemed to be pretty nice. They had quite a few things going, and took the residents into town to go shopping. It looked like a pretty nice place, really. They were serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Was review this helpful?
1 PEOPLE HAVE FOUND THIS HELPFUL
Description of The Lakes at Banning
At The Lakes, we specialize in assisted living and memory care services.
We serve residents and their families throughout the Inland Empire of Riverside and San Bernardino counties, including Banning, Beaumont, Big Bear Lake, Cathedral City, Desert Hot Springs, East Hemet, Hemet, Highland, Loma Linda, Moreno Valley, Palm Springs, Perris, Redlands, San Jacinto, Sun City and Yucaipa. Many residents move in with us from other parts of the country to enjoy our great weather and outstanding service.
At The Lakes Assisted Living & Memory Care, we recognize that each individual is unique in personality, preferences, and personal care needs. Our personalized service plan provides specific care depending on our residents’ individual care needs. Our experienced team of nurses and caregivers will customize a care plan to support each resident.
Some of the additional personalized services include:
- Medication management and administration
- Chronic illness management
- Injections, including sliding scale insulin management
- Dressing and grooming assistance
- Showering assistance
- Continence care
- Catheter care
- Two-person transfer assistance
- Specialized diets and direct feeding assistance
- Assistance with oxygen and Nebulizer treatments
- Behavior management
- Hospice care
Features and Amenities
Throughout our community, residents receive outstanding service and care. Monthly rental fees include the following features and amenities:
- A comfortable, homelike setting
- Delicious meals with restaurant-style dining (Menu )
- Daily housekeeping services
- Weekly personal laundry service
- All utilities including basic cable television (phone extra)
- Scheduled transportation to shopping and medical appointments
- Caregiver assistance 24 hours a day
- Large library areas with rotating book collections
- Creative and engaging daily life enrichment activities
- Putting green
- Outdoor pool and Jacuzzi
- Weekly outings
- Care coordination and advocacy
- Fully appointed fitness room
- Full-serve and self-serve laundry services
- Pool table and Bingo rooms
- Finely furnished meeting rooms and common areas
- Tuesday and Friday happy hours with live entertainment
- On-site religious services
- Bus Transportation 7:30AM to 4:00PM Monday through Friday (subject to scheduling and destination)
Everyone loves freedom and choices. We kept this in mind when we designed our assisted living/personal care apartments. Our living spaces are available in a variety of floor plans and can be furnished and decorated as you desire. We encourage all of our residents to make their personal space a familiar and comfortable environment, where you’ll be able to live life to the fullest.