As you hit the stores this Black Friday or the new Small Business Saturday, make sure you are getting all the discounts you qualify for. Many stores, restaurants and services offer discounts for seniors. Some businesses make their senior discounts very apparent, while others do not publicize them at all.
Make sure this holiday shopping season you ask! Some of these discounts start for people as young as 50, so always double check if the store(restaurant, hotel, etc) your at has a senior discount.
- Senior Discount Directory. This directory focuses on national restaurants, hotels, and superstores, but is very detailed about the exact discount and who qualifies for it.
- 106 stores with Senior Discounts. This site offers a 106 senior discounts at national stores, restaurants and services.
- AARP Member Discounts. If you are an AARP member you should make sure you continue to check out their discounts. They offer discounts on everything from health insurance to movie theaters. They also have limited time rotating discounts so make sure to check back every once and a while.
- Restaurant Discounts. If you just want the details on chain restaurants who offer discounts check out this page.
- Senior Travel Discounts. If you are traveling this holiday season, you may want to check out this page which helps you find discounts based on your transportation type.
- Senior Discounts. This site hosts tons of discounts based on where you live. However, to access most of the discounts you have to pay for a membership which is $7 to $13 annually.
Picture from wbnq blog post from 2010 about shoppers in Buffalo, NY.