On October 26, 2010, 125 executives from senior living companies and related organizations convened in Alexandria, Virginia, to discuss the future of senior living in America. Rick Grimes, President and CEO of ALFA, says of the event, "There is a lot of interest by senior living executives to find ways to better serve seniors and their families and collaborate with their staff to promote excellence at their companies."
Participants were given the opportunity to share knowledge with fellow leaders, participate in discussions and roundtables, and attend presentations. Discussions and roundtables focused on solutions to the following challenges:
- Staff recruitment and retention
- Economic impacts and how government involvement will affect the industry
- Challenges of longer lifespans and needs for diverse types of assistance
- Forming collaborative relationships with adjuct industries, such as hospice providers, pharmacies, and rehab centers
- Changes to employee benefits as a result of health care reform
Read the ALFA press release.
Image Copyright Kurhan on Stock.xchng