Did you know that October is Financial Planning Month? Because financial planning is such an important topic in the senior living industry -- these days, you have to start preparing early for your Golden Years -- we've decided to round up some of the most informative financial management resources for seniors and Baby Boomers.
These 15 blogs, articles and websites offer valuable advice for retirement planning, paying for senior care, keeping an eye on your investments, where and when to retire, tips on what to do with the family home, and more.
1. The Retirement Pros - Safe retirement investing information -- and you can ask questions, too.
2. CNN Money – Retirement - The ultimate guide to questions about retirement such as: How much should I save? When should I start saving?
3. Mint - A good way to understand where your money is going when you invest in your retirement fund.
4. Money and Happiness - A guide to living the good life after retirement with money tips and much more. Stop worrying about money, and start living happy!
5. Personal Finance for Seniors for Dummies - Find out your ideal retirement age, get tips for enjoying your golden years stress-free, and more with the Personal Finance for Seniors (for Dummies) guide.
6. MarketWatch Retirement – Sometimes, seniors decide to make a move and experience life in a new area after retirement. This article will help you decide where you should and shouldn’t retire.
7. Kiplinger – Retirement - Answers to questions about social security and special tax breaks available to seniors.
8. USA Today Personal Finance - This is a great guide on markets, finance, money and business.
9. MarketWatch - If you’re planning to retire soon then you’ll want to start watching the market. In addition to its Retirement section, MarketWatch as a whole is a great site to monitor your investments so you can keep better tabs on your nest egg.
10. ConsumerReports Money - Anything you need to know about banking, 401-k plans, Medicare questions and more.
11. WiseBread - Several ways to “live large”, even on a small budget.
12. Yahoo! Finance - If you’re over 50 and you don’t think you’re prepared for retirement, you can find answers here to many of the questions that might be weighing on your mind. Check out Yahoo! Finance’s Retirement section at large for more expert financial advice for your golden years.
13. Lessons in Financial Basics for Baby Boomers - The down-and-dirty, cut-and-dry basics on preparing financially for retirement.
14. Baby Boomers and Finance - Baby Boomers face unique challenges and opportunities at this stage of their lives – here’s a guide to help.
15. Retirement of Baby Boomers at Risk - Many Boomers are fearful that they're at risk of not having enough financial resources to survive their retirement years. This article takes a look at the current financial crisis plaguing many Baby Boomers at the right age for retirement but afraid to make the leap.What are the biggest financial management challenges you're experiencing for yourself, a loved one, or the seniors you serve as a professional? What are the biggest obstacles we face as a society as we move into an era of people living longer, healthier lives well into their senior years? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!
Image by lusi on Stock.xchng
Post by Angela Stringfellow