Even once you've retired, chances are, you may want to keep earning money. Maybe you want to keep busy during your retirement, or just want to keep some extra cash coming in. Thanks to the internet, you can do this from the comfort of your own home. Here are 10 jobs you can do from home for some extra income in retirement.
1. Resume WritingAre you good at putting together resumes, and always find yourself helping others write or polish theirs? You can earn money with this skill. Sites like Resume Service and CV Service offer resume writing, and they're always looking for new writers. You can sign up with them and earn while helping others.
2. Virtual AssistantEmployers are still in need of assistants in this day and age, but now they often allow them to work from home. This makes a lot of sense, as the jobs they need to do are easily done remotely. For example, you may be asked to book flights or hotel rooms, or communicate with clients via email.
3. Online JurorLawyers use online jurors to get feedback on cases before they go to court. Think of it as working in an online focus group. This job is a little different, as the work won't always be constant, but it can be an interesting way to bring in a little extra cash.
4. Become A TutorYou may have taught in your working life, whether as a teacher, professor or a private tutor. You can bring these skills into online tutoring, where there's a large demand for experts. Tutoring online makes the job easier than ever, as you can communicate using your computer, no matter where your student is. If this sounds like something you could do, try signing up for sites like Assignment Help and Academized.
5. TranscribingTranscribing is an underrated skill, but many people still need someone who can type up their verbal work. This can include anything from board meetings or interviews to conference calls. You can make around $10 an hour doing this, so if you complete jobs regularly it’s possible to bring in some good money.
6. Be An Academic WriterIf you always had a mind for a certain academic subject, and were good at writing academic papers during your studies, then you can actually use those skills to make money now. There are countless sites that sell custom writing to students, and you can write for them. Get started with sites such as Boom Essays and Essayroo.
7. Customer Service RepresentativeIn the past, businesses had to set up dedicated call centers in order to deal with their incoming calls. Now, they can hire people to work from home to do the same job. If you have a high-speed Internet connection and a landline phone, then this will be easy for you to do. You can take orders, deal with issues, and answer queries from customers all from your own home office.
8. Editing And ProofreadingThere are a lot of people out there who need editing and proofreading services. They could be students who need another set of eyes on an essay, or writers who need someone to go over the manuscript for their book. If you have a good eye for detail and a knack for grammar and writing, this could be the role for you. Sites like Essay Writer and Paper Fellows are always looking for editors.
9. Translation ServicesAre you fluent in another language? You can sell those services online and make some cash. Translators are needed for all kinds of jobs. For example, you might be asked to translate web pages, legal doocuments, or even translate on the fly during phone calls.
10. Online SellingIf you're a savvy online shopper, you can also make money selling goods online. Each selling site, such as eBay, gives detailed instructions for selling so you can get started easily.
These are just 10 ways you can make money from home in retirement. If one of these options suits your skill set and interests and you’d like to make a little extra cash, why not get started working online? It's amazing how much you can earn in your retirement, and put away for a rainy day.
Mary Walton is an editor at Big Assignments, a writing service for college students. She also blogs at Simple Grad, her educational website where she reviews online services. Mary tutors at OXEssays, a British academic portal.