Nominees with Most Popular Votes to be Rated by a Panel of Leading Senior Living Experts
Seattle, WA – February 6, 2013 – SeniorHomes.com, an online directory and resource for seniors and their families searching for senior care or senior housing, announces finalists for the SeniorHomes.com 2013 Best Senior Living Awards in the Websites, Blogs, Organizations and People categories.
The SeniorHomes.com 2013 Best Senior Living Awards is a program designed to identify the top resources, providers and organizations in a variety of senior living categories. Nominees which garnered the most popular votes in the initial contest phase will move on to the finalist round, in which a panel of 21 senior living experts will lend their expertise to rate each website or resource.
“With more than 520 nominees and 18,000 votes, this year’s contest has broken the record,” says Chris Rodde, CEO of SeniorHomes.com. “We’re always thrilled to see such a great response from the community and to be able to provide a fun, yet informative way to identify the most valuable resources within the senior living industry for both consumers and industry professionals.”
Judges will be evaluating each finalist on a set of pre-determined, category-specific standardized rating criteria, which includes:
- Quality of content
- Credibility and accuracy
- Navigation and design
- Frequency of posts
- Other category-specific qualifiers
The number of finalists by category is as follows:
- Most Inspiring Seniors – This category will be determined by popular vote as of February 18, 2013.
- Most Influential Caregivers – This category will be determined by popular vote as of February 18, 2013.
- Best Caregiver Websites – 21 finalists
- Best Caregiver Newsletters – 17 finalists
- Best Boomer Resources – 15 finalists
- Best Senior Living Blogs by Individuals – 20 finalists
- Best Senior Living Blogs by Organizations – 20 finalists
- Most Respected Senior Living Charities – 6 finalists
- Most Innovative Senior Living Products – 12 finalists
- Best Government & Education Resource Sites – 11 finalists
Industry Recognition and Resources
- Best Senior Living Provider Websites: Large Companies – 16 finalists
- Best Senior Living Provider Websites: Small Companies – 14 finalists
- Social Media Rockstars – Individuals – This category will be determined by popular vote as of February 18, 2013.
- Social Media Rockstars – Organizations – 18 finalists
- Best Senior Living Industry Resources – 20 finalists
- Best Sales and Marketing Consultants – This category will be determined by popular vote as of February 18, 2013.
Category winners will be announced on Wednesday, February 20, 2013.
SeniorHomes.com (www.seniorhomes.com) is a free resource for people looking for senior housing or senior care for a loved one or themselves. SeniorHomes.com features expert-written articles and a comprehensive directory of care options. For example, check out our Denver Assisted Living page for a complete listing of nearly 30 facilities in the immediate area.
# # #
If you’d like more information about this topic, or to schedule an interview with Chris Rodde, please call Angela Stringfellow at 206-905-8774 or email Angela at [email protected]