Second Annual Contest Identifies Top Senior Living Resources on the Web
Seattle, WA – January 31, 2012 – SeniorHomes.com, the most comprehensive resource for seniors and their families searching for senior care or housing, today announced the launch of its second annual Best of the Web Awards.
The Best of the Web Awards identifies the top websites in a number of categories, including both consumer and industry-focused resources. The program is open to any entity, organization or individual with a website offering information, advice or services to seniors, their families or industry professionals.
Award nominations are available in the following categories:
- Best Websites and Newsletters for Caregiver
- Best Senior Living Blogs by Individuals
- Best Senior Living Blogs by Organizations
- Best Senior Living Provider Websites
- Best Government & Education Resources
- Best Senior Living Online Retailers
- Best Designed Senior Living Provider Websites
- Social Media Rockstars – Individuals
- Social Media Rockstars – Organizations
- Best Senior Living Industry Resources
“The vast amount of information available to seniors, caregivers and industry professionals is overwhelming,” says Chris Rodde, CEO of SeniorHomes.com. “The Best of the Web Awards eliminates ambiguity by identifying the top resources out there today. Our approach doesn’t just focus on popularity or expert opinion. Instead, our process of nominations, voting and expert ratings really helps identify not only what’s credible, but also what consumers find the most valuable.”
This year’s Best of the Web Awards will consist of a nomination and voting phase and a finalist round.
- Public nominations will be accepted through February 28, 2012.
- Voting remains open through March 2, 2012.
- Finalists will be determined based on popular vote, or the number of Facebook “Likes” plus Google “+1s” accumulated on the official nominee page as of 12:00pm PST on March 2, 2012.
- Winners will be announced on March 15, 2012.
Nominees reaching the finalist phase will be judged by a panel of leading senior living industry experts and personalities. Judges will use a set of standard rating criteria to evaluate finalists based on quality of content, depth of resources, uniqueness, ease of use and overall design. This year’s panel includes several second-year judges, including:
- Ryan Malone of Inside Elder Care
- Shannon Martin, M.S.W, of Aging Wisely
- Jaclyn Allmon of the Assisted Living Federation of America
- Sara Shelton, owner of Seattle Aging Solutions
- Dr. Marion Somers, PhD, of DrMarion.com
- Anthony Cirillo, About.com Guide to Assisted Living
- Kaye Swain of SandwichINK
Barbara McVicker, who served as a judge in the SeniorHomes.com Caregiver Recognition Awards, has also signed on to lend her expertise. SeniorHomes.com would also like to welcome several first-time experts who have so generously offered their support to the SeniorHomes.com 2012 Best of the Web Awards. Patrick Roden of AgingInPlace.com and Bart Astor of Baby Boomer Eldercare are among numerous industry leaders who will be lending their expertise.
How to Nominate a Senior Living Resource
It’s easy to nominate a favorite website, industry leader or social media rockstar. Nominations can be submitted using any of the following methods:
- Posting to the SeniorHomes.com Facebook page
- Posting to Twitter using the hashtag #SeniorHomesBOW
- Emailing us at [email protected]
Nominations to social media accounts should include the hashtag #SeniorHomesBOW, the name of the website nominated and the URL to the main site or social media profile. For more information on qualifying criteria for each award category, please visit the SeniorHomes.com 2012 Best of the Web program page.
How to Vote for a Senior Living Resource
Nominees are encouraged to promote their official nominee page and encourage employees, customers and readers to vote by clicking the Facebook “Like” button or the Google “+1” button on the nominee page. Finalists will be determined based on the total number of likes and +1s received by the voting deadline.
SeniorHomes.com (www.seniorhomes.com) is a free resource for people looking for senior housing or senior care for a loved one or themselves. SeniorHomes.com features expert-written articles and a
comprehensive directory of local care options. For example, check out our Dallas Assisted Living page for a sample of the local information we provide.
# # #
If you’d like more information about this topic, or to schedule an interview with Chris Rodde, please call Angela Stringfellow at 206-905-8774 or email Angela at [email protected]