The average cost of Assisted Living in Alabama is $3,075 per month. In Alabama there are 233 Assisted Living Facilities. We can help you find the best matches for your needs.
Alabama Assisted Living
Cost of Assisted Living in Alabama
The average cost of Assisted Living in Alabama is $3,075. Assisted Living costs range from $930 to $6,524 depending on location and other factors.
Alabama Assisted Living Facilities by RegionBack to top
Map of Alabama Assisted Living Facilities
Map of Alabama Assisted Living FacilitiesBack to top
Zoom in using the plus (+) sign to see greater detail
Alabama is often called “the Heart of Dixie,” a name referring to the state’s geographical location in the center (or heart) of the South. With a mild year-round climate and infusion of Southern charm, it won’t take long for seniors who choose assisted living in Alabama to fall in love with the “Yellowhammer State.” Having such extensive involvement in the Civil War and later the Civil Rights Movement, Alabama is perhaps most famous for its historical past. History buffs will enjoy a trip to the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute or Civil Rights Memorial in Montgomery.
Assisted living in Alabama is defined by the Alabama Department of Public Health as a facility in which
“an individual, individuals, corporation, partnership, limited partnership, limited liability company or any other entity that provides, or offers to provide, residence and personal care to two or more individuals who are in need of assistance with activities of daily living.”Alabama assisted living facilities are divided into three types based on size:
- Family Assisted Living cares for 2-3 adult residents.
- Group Assisted Living cares for 4-16 adult residents.
- Congregate Assisted Living cares for 17 or more adult residents.
In the state of Alabama, there are several types of facilities that provide care services for adults. Facilities that specifically provide assisted living services for the elderly are called assisted living facilities and specialty care assisted living facilities.
- Assisted living facilities provide assistance with activities of daily living to 2 or more individuals as per Alabama Administrative Code (AAC) 420-5-4-.01.
- Specialty care assisted living facilities meet the definition of an assisted living facility but they are specifically licensed to provide care for residents who have a cognitive impairment that would make them ineligible to stay at an assisted living facility as per AAC 420-5-20-.01.
There are Assisted Living options:
Please select a city to narrow your search