Alabama Assisted Living
Cost of Alabama Assisted Living
The average cost of Assisted Living in Alabama is $3,075 per month. This is higher than the national average which is $2,877 per month.
In Alabama there are 196 Assisted Living Facilities. We can help you find the best matches for your needs.
Alabama Assisted Living Facilities by City
Greater Birmingham Assisted Living
Other Areas in Alabama
Map of Alabama Assisted Living Facilities
Overview of Alabama Assisted LivingAlabama is often called “the Heart of Dixie,” a name referring to the state’s geographical location in the center (or heart) of the South. With a mild year-round climate and infusion of Southern charm, it won’t take long for seniors who choose assisted living in Alabama to fall in love with the “Yellowhammer State.” Having such extensive involvement in the Civil War and later the Civil Rights Movement, Alabama is perhaps most famous for its historical past. History buffs will enjoy a trip to the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute or Civil Rights Memorial in Montgomery.
Assisted Living in Alabama DefinedAssisted living in Alabama is defined by the Alabama Department of Public Health as a facility in which
“an individual, individuals, corporation, partnership, limited partnership, limited liability company or any other entity that provides, or offers to provide, residence and personal care to two or more individuals who are in need of assistance with activities of daily living.”Alabama assisted living facilities are divided into three types based on size:
- Family Assisted Living cares for 2-3 adult residents.
- Group Assisted Living cares for 4-16 adult residents.
- Congregate Assisted Living cares for 17 or more adult residents.
Licensing of Alabama Assisted Living FacilitiesIn the state of Alabama, there are several types of facilities that provide care services for adults. Facilities that specifically provide assisted living services for the elderly are called assisted living facilities and specialty care assisted living facilities.
- Assisted living facilities provide assistance with activities of daily living to 2 or more individuals as per Alabama Administrative Code (AAC) 420-5-4-.01.
- Specialty care assisted living facilities meet the definition of an assisted living facility but they are specifically licensed to provide care for residents who have a cognitive impairment that would make them ineligible to stay at an assisted living facility as per AAC 420-5-20-.01.