We encourage senior care providers to respond to reviews posted on their SeniorHomes.com listing. Below you will find guidelines on how to create a good response as well as our response policies.
Who is leaving reviews on SeniorHomes.com?
Reviews are welcome from consumers with firsthand experience of a provider within 3 years of their review submission, including:
- Current/past residents
- Family members/friends of residents
- Individuals who have toured/visited the provider
We don’t accept reviews from:
- Current/past employees or paid representatives of a provider or its parent company
- Individuals who are a competitor of the provider/parent company
How to respond to SeniorHomes.com reviews
SeniorHomes.com is a parter website of Caring.com that addresses senior care needs for independent seniors. If you are a Caring.com partner, you will receive an email notification when you receive a new review on SeniorHomes.com. You can respond to reviews by clicking the link in the review notification email.
Not a partner? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the response you’d like to post. Our team will review your response and publish it if it meets the guidelines on this page.
If you think the review violates our guidelines, please visit Flag a Review on SeniorHomes.com for more information.
Helpful tips when responding to a review
Here are some good things to remember when responding to a review of your community or service provider.
- Keep responses professional: Responses to reviews are published below the review to which you are responding. This response can be seen by anyone reading the reviews of your business, so the content should be written in a way that reflects your own customer service guidelines or policies.
- Remember that negative reviews can be valuable: Although difficult to read, a negative review may provide valuable insight into an area of improvement for your business.
Things to avoid when responding to a review
We want responses to reviews on SeniorHomes.com to be helpful and informative to all. Certain types of content can hinder this, so here are some general guidelines on things that can qualify a response for rejection.
- Language or content that is unlawful, profane, obscene, potentially libelous or defamatory, vulgar, hateful, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, offensive, pornographic, or otherwise objectionable in nature: We want content that is appropriate for all readers, so responses that contain any of the above will not be accepted.
- Solicitation of services: Responses are a place for you as a community/service provider to directly respond to consumer submitted content, so please do not include in your reply any marketing language about products or services.
- Job postings: If you have open positions at your community/service provider, please utilize one of the many job posting sites on the web.
- Private or personally-identifiable information: For everyone’s safety and privacy, please refrain from including other people’s full names, phone numbers, postal mailing addresses, email addresses, dates of birth/death and other personally identifiable information.
What happens after you submit a review response
Our team will evaluate your submission to make sure it meets our guidelines, typically within five business days. For more information about reviews on SeniorHomes.com, visit our Reviews FAQ.
SeniorHomes.com reserves the right to remove a review or comment at any time for any reason without notice. Reviews and comments on SeniorHomes.com are the sole opinion of the respective author and do not reflect the opinion of SeniorHomes.com or its members. We do not support or endorse any of the opinions found in reviews or comments on SeniorHomes.com.