Description of Woodland Creek Alzheimer's Special Care Center
Opening Late 2019
Woodland Creek is a part of a family-oriented company with a rich heritage and enduring commitment to serving people living with Alzheimer’s and related dementias. JEA’s founder, Jerry Erwin, was inspired to develop these unique memory care facilities as a result of his own mother’s journey with Alzheimer’s disease.
The specialized care provided at Woodland Creek begins with thoughtful building design and décor. Most importantly, the caring, well-trained, professional staff executes JEA’s proven dementia-care program, “Meaningful Moments”. The Meaningful Moments program is exclusive to JEA and is built on a commitment to meeting individual resident needs to provide the highest quality of life possible.
Woodland Creek Alzheimer’s Special Care Center offers private, semi-private, and companion living options. Distinctive amenities include: 24 hour on-site licensed nursing, picturesque courtyards with walking paths, beautifully designed seating areas, and thoughtfully appointed dining rooms to support and nurture our residents. In addition to nurturing residents, the knowledgeable staff of Woodland Creek is available to provide educational resources and facilitate support groups for our families.
- Intentional design: flowing design allows for purposeful wandering
- Motion sensors in every room
- Automatic lighting in every bathroom
- Secured outdoor spaces: a center courtyard that offers covered and uncovered seating areas, raised gardening beds, a relaxing water feature; fenced-in back yard with additional seating and walking path
- Calming décor, wide and spacious hallways filled with natural light
- Program philosophy: Meaningful Moments—individualized programming developed based on our resident population’s life stories and interests
- Specialized dining program: 6 opportunities to receive nutrition—3 meals and 3 substantial snacks, focus on brain-healthy high fat and protein content, all-scratch cooking
- 24/7 On-site nursing (not just care staff)
Tour Woodland Creek Alzheimer's Special Care Center
The best way to get to know a community is by scheduling a tour. See the facilities, meet the staff and residents, and get a feel first hand what it's like to live at Woodland Creek Alzheimer's Special Care Center Memory Care.