Review Creation Policies
The goal of offering reviews on SeniorHomes.com is to provide individuals with a method for providing meaningful feedback and comments on senior communities/service providers. This also provides the communities/service providers an opportunity to receive insightful input into the quality and caliber of what they offer from the perspective of those who are receiving their services and their friends and family.
Who should leave a review on SeniorHomes.com?
Reviews are welcome from:
- Current/past residents
- Family members/friends of residents
- Individuals who have toured/visited the provider
Reviews are not accepted from:
- Current/past employees of a provider
- Individuals who are employed by the parent company
- Individuals who are a competitor of the provider/parent company
Helpful tips on writing a quality review
Here are some tips for creating a review that will be beneficial to both a visitor to the community and the community/service provider themselves.
- Be specific: The best reviews are grounded in details that tell a story. Select a defining element of your experience with this provider and elaborate.
- Explain your rating: Describe what aspects were most important to you about the provider. Why did you select the ratings you did?
- Be honest and sincere: Whether positive or negative, the most valuable reviews are truthful. We do not remove reviews that are critical.
- When possible, be constructive: Should you feel that the community or service provider did not meet expectations in a particular area, offer a potential solution. This is both beneficial for readers of the review the community or service provider themselves.
Things to avoid when writing a review
We want reviews on SeniorHomes.com to be helpful and informative to all. Certain types of content can hinder this, so here are some general guidelines on things that can qualify a review for rejection.
- Information that is not relevant to the review: What the weather was like that day or what you ate for breakfast isn’t good content, so please leave that out.
- Language or content that is profane, obscene, defamatory, vulgar, hateful, fraudulent, threatening or pornographic in nature: We want content that is appropriate for all readers, so reviews that contain any of the above will not be accepted.
- Content that is not your own words or has been duplicated from another source: No one wants to read something that has been taken from another source, so please no plagiarism of another individual’s review or work.
- Solicitation of services: Reviews are a place for people to share their personal experiences with a community or service provider, and not a place to solicit services or products.
- Job postings: If you are looking for work, we suggest you contact the community or service provider directly.
- Personal contact information: For everyone’s safety and privacy, please refrain from including phone numbers, postal mailing addresses, email addresses, dates of birth and other personally identifiable information.
- URLs or HTML tags: Although linking to your favorite blog or adding some fancy formatting to your review might sound like a good idea, we won’t accept reviews that contain either.
We know how important your reviews and responses to reviews are. SeniorHomes.com makes every effort to moderate both reviews by consumers and responses by communities/service providers within five business days. If additional investigation into the content of a review or response is required, reviews or responses may be held in moderation for a period of time exceeding three business days. SeniorHomes.com does not modify the contents of a review for any reason, including but not limited to misspellings, typos or grammatical errors.
For more information about reviews on SeniorHomes.com, visit our Reviews FAQ.
SeniorHomes.com reserves the right to remove a review or comment at any time for any reason without notice. Reviews and comments on SeniorHomes.com are the sole opinion of the respective author and do not reflect the opinion of SeniorHomes.com or its members. We do not support or endorse any of the opinions found in reviews or comments on SeniorHomes.com.