Description of Zusman Hospice
A member of the Wexner Heritage Village network of services, Zusman Hospice operates with a philosophy of care that is focused on symptom relief, dignity and compassion for individuals with life-limiting illness, such as heart or lung disease, cancer or dementia. Our mission is to provide the highest possible quality of life, to the end of life, for patients and their families.
Our full-time medical director and associate medical director and their team of highly skilled and experienced nurses, aides, social workers, chaplains and volunteers work closely with patients, families and their healthcare professionals to provide specialized service that focus on well-being, including:
- 24-hour access to services and support
- Pain management and symptom control
- 'House calls' by our hospice physicians
- Regular nursing visits based on patient needs
- Nursing assistants who provide personal care
- Comprehensive social work support
- Spiritual counseling
- Volunteer visits
- Family education
- Extensive bereavement counseling and therapy
- Urban Zen Integrative Therapy
Hospice care is typically provided wherever a patient lives, such as a family residence, assisted living facility or nursing home. However, when symptoms such as pain cannot be managed at home, patients may receive care at Zusman House, our in-patient unit located on the campus of Wexner Heritage Village. Featuring private rooms, ample space for family and friends and direct access to our private, outdoor patio, Zusman House is one of only two in-patient units in Central Ohio.