Description of Noor Home Health Care
Welcome to Alterra Care
Alterra Care is a non-medical agency serving our seniors in Cuyahoga, Lake, Medina, Stark & Summit counties in Northeast Ohio. We are a team you can trust. When you can no longer provide that reassuring presence, allow Alterra Care to partner with you to ensure your loved one is receiving the best care they deserve. We are locally owned and operated by clinical professionals that understand what it means to be a caregiver on a personal and professional level. We are privately owned and take pride in providing our local area with care and services.
From nutritious meals preparation to meet dietary needs, light housekeeping, laundry and more personal needs such as bathing and grooming, Alterra Care is here to help you preserve as much independence as possible while ensuring safety in the comforts of your own home.
Alterra Care offers a variety of customized care services to meet the unique needs of your loved one. When you sign up for our services you are not committed to a long lasting contract. With a 24 hour notice, services can be terminated at your discretions.
Personal Care Management
- Standby Assistance with Morning and Evening Routine
- Transfer Assistance
- Bathing & Showering Assistance
- Personal hygiene & grooming assistance
- Toileting & Incontinence Management
- Assistance with dressing and appearance oversight
Companionship & Activities
- Friendly and Supportive Conversation
- Plan & Encourage Social Activities
- Encourage Light Exercise
- Encourage Active Thinking
- Dementia Care Activities & Programs
- Supportive encouragement with medically ordered physical therapy
- Stimulating activities to meet your loved one at their appropriate capacity
- Safety measures put in place to ensure aging in place safely
- Frequent clinical evaluations to closely monitor your loved one's condition
- Staff trained regularly on communication, the disease process, activity programming and personal care needs specific to individuals with dementia
- Continued support and resources for you and your loved one
Alterra Care was conceived when the needs for individualized home care was truly noticed. Dina Shepherd, Co-owner and Executive Director of Alterra Care has provided exemplary clinical care as a nurse for the past 14 years but in 2011 personal tragedy struck and Ms. Shepherd's mother's health rapidly declined after years of suffering with chronic illnesses such as kidney failure and hypertension. At the time Dina Shepherd was working full-time outside of the home as the Director of Nursing for a local assisted living community and could not stay home to provide the care her mother needed.
Dina Shepherd reached out to various home care companies once used on a professional level but something was missing. After several hospital stays and 3 weeks in inpatient hospice, Dina's mother passed away. Alterra Care was created in her mother's honor.
There was a need for a home care provider that was able to "change the rules" a home care provider that was not mandated by franchise rules and really embraced the need for personalized care and family support. Alterra Care has filled that very important need.
We do this for the love of people, with a servants heart we dedicate ourselves to each one of our clients and family members. You will see and feel the difference with Alterra Care. Call for a free in-home assessment. One of our trained care coordinators will be happy to assist you