Tour Elder Home Companions, Inc
The best way to get to know a community is by scheduling a tour. See the facilities, meet the staff and residents, and get a feel first hand what it's like to live at Elder Home Companions, Inc Home Care.
Description of Elder Home Companions, Inc
Welcome to Elder Home Companions
Companions for Quality Independence
Elder Home Companions is one of the leading providers of Companion Care for the elderly in the Long Island and the New York area. We are a professional service company providing families in need of non-medical practical care and companionship for seniors at home. With over eleven years of experience, we are dedicated to the quality of life for seniors and their families, and choose only the most caring, compassionate, non-medical professionals to assist you or your loved one.
When a family member first realizes that an elderly loved one is in need of assistance, a flood of emotions often takes over - feelings of fear, confusion sadness, guilt, helplessness…We at Elder Home Companions understand the tough choices facing seniors and their families and will work closely with you to reach a viable working solution customized specifically for your family's needs.
Elder Home Companions provides a wide variety of services for the elderly, disabled and convalescing seniors and for family caregivers who just need some time for themselves. Our companions are dedicated to understanding the needs and desires of seniors, while maintaining you or your loved ones independence at home with dignity.
Elder Home Companions
offers hourly, over-night and 24 hour live-in care (daily/weekly/weekend)which all include the following:
- Prepare and serves meals according to clients dietary needs
- Remind client to take necessary medication
- Do light housekeeping and laundry
- Provide safety bathroom assistance
- Dressing/Grooming/Bathing Guidance
- Change linens and bedding
- Grocery shopping
- Arrange appointments
- Provide transportation and accompany client on errands doctors appointments and outings
- Read to client
- Assistance with pets
- Enjoy everyday friendly conversation together
- Play cards, checkers scrabble, etc.
- Note and report changes in client's physical and psychological condition
- Assist client in maintaining an optimal level of independence
Our Screening Process
When we send in an Elder Home Companion to our client's home, it is with the understanding that they are entrusted to be qualified, competent, reliable and trustworthy.
In order to ensure the security and safety of our clients, we conduct a background check of our companions with a private investigative company, before being placed with a client. Items that are check for are:
- National Criminal Records
- Federal Criminal Records
- County Criminal Records
- Department of Motor Vehicle Records
- Employment Verification
- Social Security Verification
- Personal References
Please give us a call for free assessment.