Description of Beverwyck
Since 1993, Beverwyck has delighted seniors with superior services and amenities in elegant and distinctive surroundings. Beverwyck is a full-service independent senior living community in Slingerlands, NY, just outside Albany. The campus, comprised of 172 one- and two-bedroom apartments and 29 two-bedroom cottages, is situated on 80 acres and surrounded by wooded areas with trails for a brisk walk or leisurely stroll. Garden enthusiasts will enjoy the space set aside for growing flowers and vegetables.
Beverwyck is conveniently located near Albany, minutes from area shopping malls, restaurants, professional buildings, theaters, libraries, and museums. The State University of New York at Albany and several area hospitals are just a few miles away.
All senior apartments and cottages feature fully-equipped kitchens, individually controlled heating and air conditioning, and on-site storage.
Learn more about the services and amenities offered at our retirement community located on a beautiful 80-acre campus in Slingerlands, New York:
- Friendly staff, 24-hour security, and emergency response system
- Cable TV, phone, and wireless Internet
- Chef-prepared fine and casual dining options
- Property taxes and utilities* (water, electric heat, and air conditioning)
- Computer lab, art studio, and wellness center
- Exciting social calendar
- Monthly housekeeping, semi-annual window washing, and annual carpet cleaning
- Interior and exterior maintenance of residences, grounds, and parking areas (including trash and snow removal)
- Regularly scheduled transportation
- Innovative programming with a trained Resident Service Advisor (RSA), who serves as a personal liaison for each resident and connects them to valuable resources and services outside the community
- Guest suites for overnight visitors
- On & off-site storage
- Full-service beauty/barbershop
- Gift shop for light snacks & sundries
*Please note: Cottage residents have slightly different services.
Additional services available on request at a fee include:
- Additional housekeeping
- Flat linen service
- Specially scheduled transportation
- Additional maintenance
- Catered events
At Beverwyck, we also offer a Signature Wellness Program, EmpowerU Nutrition & Wellness Connection which includes:
- Indoor Aquatic Center attached to the Community’s main entrance
- Offers residents a year-round aquatic program
- Features a heated lap pool & separate twelve-person hot tub
- Easy-access low-grade stairs for pool entry
- Aquatic classes of varying impact & difficulty- from beginner to advanced
- Personal fitness counseling & training sessions
- A variety of fitness programs focused on balance/agility, strength, flexibility & cardio endurance
- Yoga classes
- Walking groups
- Wellness Center with fitness equipment (treadmill, recumbent stepper & cycle)
- Nutrition & wellness lectures & classes
The best way to get to know a community is by scheduling a tour. See the facilities, meet the staff and residents, and get a feel first hand what it's like to live at Beverwyck Assisted Living.