Description of Glen Eddy
Glen Eddy is a full-service independent senior living community that combines the pleasure of peaceful privacy with opportunities for lively social activity.
Located on 35 beautiful acres in Niskayuna, New York, the retirement community offers 83 one- and two-bedroom apartments and 16 two-bedroom cottages. All residences feature fully-equipped kitchens, individually controlled heating and air conditioning, and on-site storage.
Outdoors, you’ll enjoy beautifully landscaped grounds, a courtyard with putting green … even vegetable and flower gardens. Or, choose from a calendar of fun-filled social, educational, and cultural activities.
The greater Niskayuna area abounds with excellent universities and colleges, superb golf courses, beautiful parks, theaters and music, and so much more. And it’s all nearby.
Services and amenities offered at Glen Eddy include:
Glen Eddy also is pleased to offer our Signature Wellness Program, EmpowerU Nutrition & Wellness Connection which includes:
- Concierge services provided by friendly staff
- 24-hour security and 24-hour emergency call system
- Interior and exterior maintenance of residences, grounds, and parking areas – including trash and snow removal
- Maintenance-free living with housekeeping services plus semi-annual spring and fall cleaning
- Utilities* including electric, water, and heat/air conditioning
- Regularly scheduled transportation
- Digital cable TV, local and long-distance phone, and wireless Internet included
- Access to our Resident Portal for the latest Glen Eddy news, dining menus, and upcoming events
- Chef-prepared fine and casual dining options
- Extensive calendar of social, cultural, and spiritual events & activities
- Innovative programming and intellectually-stimulating activities including gaming and brain fitness systems
- On-site physical & occupational therapy
- Complimentary E-reader, including training (See our news story on the Kindle in the Gazette – Nov 7 2014)
- Guest suite for overnight visitors
- Landscaped & manicured grounds featuring walking routes throughout the campus
- Various gathering & activities areas throughout
- Fireside lounge with private beverage lockers
- Library with an extensive reading selection
- Full-service beauty salon & barbershop
- Sundries & snacks shop
- Hobby & woodworking shop
*Please note: Cottage residents have slightly different services.
- Robust selection of land and aquatic exercise classes
- Nutrition education classes
- Personal fitness counseling and training sessions
- Fitness programs focused on balance/agility, strength, flexibility, and cardio endurance
- Specialty classes including Yoga and Tai Chi
- Wellness Center with complete offering of fitness equipment to accommodate any skill set and strength level
Tour Glen Eddy
The best way to get to know a community is by scheduling a tour. See the facilities, meet the staff and residents, and get a feel first hand what it's like to live at Glen Eddy Assisted Living.