Description of Assisting Hands Of Potomac
Welcome to Assisting Hands of Potomac
Assisting Hands of Potomac In Home Care provides non-medical home and personal care services to people of all ages and situations. These include individuals with medical conditions that cause fatigue, weakness, or general need for assistance. This includes adults following hospitalization for surgery, and people with disabilities. We also provide care and monitoring for new or expectant mothers, and mothers on restricted care.
We recognize that each individual has different needs and requirements and those needs are constantly evolving. We work with you and your loved ones to develop flexible and customized support programs to assist with activities of daily living. Our care allows you or a loved one to safely and comfortably live at home, and participate in activities or programs that might otherwise be inaccessible.
Our caregivers are the heart of Assisting Hands Potomac. Each home health care specialist is an employee not an outside contractor. Our caregivers are state licensed and specifically trained to provide in-home care. All caregivers are bonded, insured, and background checked. As well, each is certified in CPR, First Aid, and Fall Prevention. We provide continuous training to make sure our caregivers stay up-to-date with the ever-changing medical landscape.
Our personal care and home care services include:
- Bath and shower assistance
- Dressing and grooming
- Meal planning and preparation
- Assistance with walking
- Grocery shopping and other errands
- Light housekeeping, laundry and changing linens
- Driving to doctor or other appointments
- Medication reminders
- Recommendation for and placement of assistive devices in the home
- Fall risk assessments and individualized fall prevention plans
- Home safety evaluations
- Incontinence care
- Relief and respite for family members
The Difference Is Our People
Our Assisting Hands caregivers are trained by experts in the critical areas that ensure the safety and comfort of our clients. Supervised by a Registered Nurse, our home aides receive advance training in:
- CPR (certified)
- First Aid (certified)
- Fall Prevention (trained by the Fall Prevention Clinics of America)
- Every home aide is Bonded, Insured, and Background Checked
- The Difference Is Our Commitment To Your Care
What set us apart
- Focus on the entire family and ensuring full transparency and open communication;
- Flexibility, we have no deposits, no minimum number of hours or days a week, no advance termination policy and the ability to modify the care schedule based upon your mom’s changing needs;
- Continuity, we strive to assign one caregiver to your mom so that they build a relationship of trust and companionship; and
- Care team, we do phone screens and in person interviews to assure a good command of the English language and a written exam to ensure that our caregivers can read and understand English.
Our mission at Assisting Hands of Potomac is to provide our clients with personalized care that enhances their quality of life in a heartfelt and nurturing way. We treat every client as if they were one of our parents or family members and provide care by trained professionals that are carefully matched to meet our client’s individual needs, personality, and habits.
We conduct unannounced supervisory visits by a member of our staff to ensure adherence to our caregiver code of conduct. We can generally provide a caregiver within 24 hours of initial visit, and sometimes the same day. We offer both live-in and 24-hour services, can accompany clients to doctor appointments and medical treatments, and assist in the coordination of care.
The Difference Is Our Technology
We use the leading software and technologies to help guarantee our caregivers are meeting our commitment to our clients. We ensure on-time arrivals and end-of-shift departures through our automated phone and GPS systems. We can also provide the latest in health and safety monitoring devices, including personal emergency response systems and video monitoring devices.
Thank you for your interest at Assisting Hands of Potomac. Please give us call to schedule a Free Assessment.