I Interviewed This Provider
FirstLight provided home care assistance for mom in Gorham daily for just over a year, until we were able to move her close to us (out of state). They were truly the difference that allowed her to stay in her home with dignity -- putting together nice breakfasts and lunches for her each day, light housekeeping, and performing chores such as picking up prescriptions. Mom liked the caregivers and the office staff was receptive and easy to work with. We highly recommend.
I Am A Current Client Of This Provider
Cared for my mom for three hours daily for just over a year (until we could move her closer to us, out of State). The caregivers nicely maintained mom's apartment, prepared a breakfast and lunch for her daily, and ran occasional errands such as picking up a prescription. Mom loved the three different caregivers who were assigned over that time. The staff seemed well-trained and were genuinely interested in my mother's well-being. I highly recommend them as easy to work with.
Tour FirstLight Home Care of Southern Maine
The best way to get to know a community is by scheduling a tour. See the facilities, meet the staff and residents, and get a feel first hand what it's like to live at FirstLight Home Care of Southern Maine Home Care.
Description of FirstLight Home Care of Southern Maine
Worry Free Comfort for Your Loved One:
When you or your loved one needs help at home, turn to FirstLight HomeCare. We offer complete companion and personal care services for seniors, new mothers, those recovering from surgery, or anyone who just needs a little assistance. And with our trusted, highly-trained caregivers and innovative services, you'll have even greater peace-of-mind.
- We work with you to provide a customized solution that focuses on wellness while maintaining client independence and dignity.
- We're owned and staffed by trusted, caring people who have "been there" and who are there now.
- We understand the challenges families face when caring for loved ones across town, or across the country.
- FirstLight has a unique Dementia Program"”building care around the individual, not the disease - incorporating who they were, not just who we see today. It's a personalized and engaging approach, where our goal is to make sure those affected by this disease live the rest of their lives in comfort and with purpose.
Personal Care and Companion Services
- Bathing, Grooming & Hygiene
- Mobility Assistance
- Transferring and Positioning
- Toileting and Incontinence Care
- Feeding and Special Diet Assistance
- Dementia / Alzheimer's Care
- Behavior Health Needs
- Transitional Care
- Meal Preparation
- Hospice Assistance
- Hoyer Lifts/sideboard
- Catheter Care Assistance
- Diabetic Management Assistance
- Bowel Care
- Daily Vitals
- Light Housekeeping
- Grocery Shopping/Errands
- Incidental Transportation
- Medication Reminders
- Grooming Assistance
- Overnight Services
- 24-hour Care
- Respite Care
- Household management assistance
Central and Southern Maine
- Oxford, Androscoggin, Cumberland and York counties
We offer the following additional benefits:
- Medication Management
- One-on-one and couples care
- Hospital to Home post discharge assistance
- Nursing, Facility, and Hospital Transitions
- Re-Admission Rescue "“ assistance post discharge to avoid hospital re-admissions
Caregiver Skills Include:
Ethics, Patient Transfers, Stress Management, Grief Issues, Family Communication, Transition Issues, transportation, household management, Communicating and engaging with Dementia affected people.
|Caregivers employed, bonded and insured:||Yes|
|Caregivers available 24 hours a day:||Yes|
|Available to assisted living facility:||Yes|
|RN on Staff:||Yes|