Birch Bay Retirement Village
25 Village Inn Road , Bar Harbor, ME 04609
Reviews of Birch Bay Retirement Village
Learn More About Birch Bay Retirement Village
Ask a Family Advisor if this is the right community for you.Call us free of charge at (855) 840-7257
Costs for Birch Bay Retirement Village
Assisted Living Starting Cost per Month:
Independent Living Starting Cost per Month:
Memory Care Starting Cost per Month:
Medicaid/Medicare Not Accepted
Amenities at Birch Bay Retirement Village
Trips & Outings
Transportation to Appointments
Other Transportation Provided
Tour Birch Bay Retirement Village
The best way to get to know a community is by scheduling a tour. See the facilities, meet the staff and residents, and get a feel first hand what it's like to live at Birch Bay Retirement Village.
Description of Birch Bay Retirement Village
Welcome to Birch Bay Village
Birch Bay Village is the area’s premier retirement community overlooking Frenchman Bay on Mount Desert Island. Bordering Acadia National Park, this vibrant community has a rich assortment of recreational activities close at hand.
- Hiking and carriage trails
- An 18-hole golf course
- Art galleries
- Restaurants just a short van ride away!
Well organized social gatherings including:
- Summer barbecues
- Year round educational events
- Cultural outings
- Activities are offered for you to enjoy at your leisure. Scheduled transportation is available to assist with shopping, errands and other group excursions.
Personal Care Service Program
Birch Bay Village is licensed to provide limited assisted living and personal care services to residents in our independent living apartments. This means residents can continue to live on their own, even after they find they need some extra care and support but are not quite in need of our around-the-clock residential care living options. Our new Assisted Living Type II licensing. It's just one more way we're working to provide the care and services you need and want.
These services include:
- RN Services
- Case management
- Medication management and administration
- Foot care
- CNA/PSS Services
- Personal Care Assistance
- Meal preparation and delivery
- and much more...
Specializing in Memory Care & Music Therapy
Safe Harbor is specifically designed for people who benefit from guided assistance with memory care along with support for their activities of daily living. Their personal plan of care offers security while empowering them to feel as independent as possible. Birch Bay’s dementia-trained staff will assist each person, including family members, to navigate the challenges with ease. Through very specialized education, our team has learned how the world looks and feels to someone with dementia. This person-centered approach makes for a peaceful and nurturing experience for everyone to enjoy.
Residents are thoughtfully supported in a safe and healthy atmosphere with an appropriate daily routine including enriched activities and social events. Our programs and individual interactions are tailored to the unique personalities and abilities of each resident. We work closely with the Alzheimer’s Association
- Private rooms with scenic views
- Three nutritious and appetizing meals
- Quarterly health assessments
- Wellness programs emphasizing fitness, nutrition and other good health habits
- Ongoing observation of physical functioning, and general behavior
- Personal care assistance
- Weekly housekeeping & laundry
- Heat, electrical service, water, and sewer
- Emergency response system
- Scheduled transportation
- Social, cultural, and activities programs
- Long term care insurance eligible
- Long & short term accommodations
- Caregiver Support
Have Questions? Enter your email address below to get more information about Birch Bay Retirement Village