The Potomac House
1612 Brookside Road , Mclean, VA 22101
Reviews of The Potomac House
Learn More About The Potomac House
Ask a Family Advisor if this is the right community for you.Call us free of charge at (855) 840-7257
Tour The Potomac House
The best way to get to know a community is by scheduling a tour. See the facilities, meet the staff and residents, and get a feel first hand what it's like to live at The Potomac House.
Description of The Potomac House
The Potomac House is a residential home licensed to provide assisted living. We are located in a beautiful and quiet neighborhood on the border of Arlington and McLean near Glebe Road. We are located less than one mile from the Potomac River, the Chain Bridge, and Washington, D.C. We are approximately three miles from Sibley Hospital and Arlington Hospital.
Assisted Living at Potomac House
We have an experienced staff who provide 24-hour care and assistance to each resident. We are dedicated to encouraging each resident to maintain a level of independence that is important to them. Our staff provide daily meals, snacks, house-keeping, trash and laundry services, medication assistance, and assistance with daily activities.
Residents of larger assisted living facilities tend to get "lost in the shuffle". At Potomac House, we have a maximum capacity of eight residents. Therefore, our staff will get to know everything about your loved one ensuring your loved one receives individualized care and personal attention. Potomac House is an all-inclusive community providing housing and assisted living level of care that is designed for seniors who need assistance with day-to-day activities such as meal preparation, medication management, personal assistance, housekeeping, and other activities of daily living that become challenging as you age.
- Option to participate in a house-call based primary medical care service provided by the INOVA Geriatrics Integrative Care Service. This means your loved one's primary care provider will come to him or her instead of trying to schedule transportation to and from the doctor's office.
- Meal plans prepared by a certified dietician.
- Medication reconciliation prepared by a pharmacist and supervised by our professional medication technicians.
- Yummy (and sometimes nutritious) afternoon snacks.
- Private bedrooms with private and semi-private -bathrooms.
- Hospice services.
- Meals celebrating the various holidays and seasons.
- Respite services providing a short-term stay to assist your loved in in a time of transition
Have Questions? Enter your email address below to get more information about The Potomac House