Hospice For Utah
11639 South 700 East, Suite #100 , Draper, UT 84020
Reviews of Hospice For Utah
Learn More About Hospice For Utah
Ask a Family Advisor if this is the right community for you.Call us free of charge at (855) 840-7257
Costs for Hospice For Utah
Learn About Financing Options
Talk to a Family Advisor about how you can pay for care.
Description of Hospice For Utah
Hospice For Utah offers the highest quality hospice services; including the most up-to-date palliative care, excellent and highly educated staff, and superior teamwork in providing patient care. Hospice For Utah has been in business since 1997 and has served thousands of patients throughout Utah. We remain dedicated to the highest level of patient care and are available to answer any questions you might have.
Hospice For Utah is committed to allowing the terminally ill patient to remain at home and to have greater control of his or her life by remaining alert and pain-free. Hospice care serves the entire family and continues after death with bereavement support.
A team of doctors, nurses, social workers, certified nursing assistants, clergy, therapists, cares for hospice patients and volunteers- and each provides assistance based on his or her area of expertise. In addition, Hospice provides medications, supplies, equipment, and additional helpers in the home as needed.
Spiritual support is an important part of hospice care. The role of the Hospice For Utah chaplain is to engage in spiritual care. The hospice chaplain is non-denominational, representing no particular faith tradition, and is able to help provide spiritual guidance and care for patients and their families.
Chaplain support provides:
- Support for you through prayer, mediation, and discussion
- Help to coordinate with your faith community (if you have one)
- Focus for you in terms of your strengths and resources and to support you on your journey
- Exploration, alongside you, the deeper reaches of the meaning of life and death
- Guidance to flow communication between family members and help in the process of saying goodbye
- Discussion on the experience of grief and loss, and provide bereavement support to your family
- Aid in planning how you would like your memory celebrated
Hospice For Utah volunteers provide care and support services for individuals and families. All volunteers are provided with extensive training and support and work closely with the rest of the hospice team to provide consistent care.
- Companionship for the patient and family
- Staying with the patient while caregivers attend appointments or run errands
- Reading, listening, and reminiscing with the patient
- Assisting in household duties; childcare, light chores, or running small errands
Music Clinician (Music Thanatology's)
Hospice For Utah's music clinician delivers live prescriptive music at the bedside with voice and harp that is designed to respond to the individual needs and symptoms of the person who is suffering. The goal is to relieve the physical, emotional, and spiritual pain that may burden the terminally ill patient and their loved ones. Deeply spiritual in intention and impact, this calming method of care is also very practical. It offers patients and their loved ones something meaningful and specific when invasive forms of medical technology are no longer available.
- Relief from physical, emotional, and spiritual pain
- Relief from agitation
- Music to synchronize with the patients breathing patterns
- Relief from stress for the patient, family, and caregivers
Hospice For Utah provides all of these services for patients and they are free of charge. We serve the following areas: Salt Lake & Utah Counties, Davis & Weber Counties and Cache & Box Elder County and surrounding areas.
Care Champion with the Alzheimer's Association of Utah
Licenses and Certifications
Medicare Certified Hospice, Medicaid Certified Hospice, Certified Hospice and Palliative Care Nurses, Board Certified Hospice and Palliative Care Medical Director, Board Certified Chaplains
Have Questions? Enter your email address below to get more information about Hospice For Utah