113 South Avenue D , Clifton, TX 76634
Reviews of Hospice Sunset
Learn More About Hospice Sunset
Ask a Family Advisor if this is the right community for you.Call us free of charge at (855) 840-7257
Costs for Hospice Sunset
Learn About Financing Options
Talk to a Family Advisor about how you can pay for care.
Tour Hospice Sunset
The best way to get to know a community is by scheduling a tour. See the facilities, meet the staff and residents, and get a feel first hand what it's like to live at Hospice Sunset.
Description of Hospice Sunset
Providing Patients and their Loved Ones with Dignity, Comfort, and Peace
At Hospice Sunset, a program of Lutheran Sunset Ministries, we understand that end-of-life decisions can be exhausting and filled with sorrow, fear and the unknown. Hospice Sunset is your local hospice service, your neighbor, and is here to walk that trying path with you—every step of the way.
Backed by the more than 60-year legacy of Lutheran Sunset Ministries, Hospice Sunset was licensed in 2007. Our mission is to provide end-of-life services to people within 25 miles of Clifton. We offer support to the patient, as well as to the family or caregiver, in managing the physical, emotional, financial, social and spiritual aspects of a terminal illness. When a patient’s hope for a cure and pursuit of treatment changes to the desire for care, support and freedom from pain and distress, hospice care is a good choice.
From that point, an interdisciplinary team works with the patient and the patient’s caregivers to manage the symptoms of the terminal illness and to provide care and comfort for both patient and family. The team—physicians, nurses, social workers, home health aides, bereavement counselors, chaplains and trained volunteers—provides these services in the patient’s home, whether that be a private residence, an assisted living community or nursing facility. By limiting the service-area served by Sunset Hospice—primarily within Bosque County—we have been able to ensure a very quick response time.
In addition to providing practical services that enhance the patient’s quality of life, Hospice Sunset offers spiritual counseling and support throughout and following the death of the patient. Sunset’s chaplain may also coordinate services with the patient’s faith organization for additional support.
Hospice Sunset benefits from the understanding, compassion, and expertise gleaned from Lutheran Sunset Ministries’ 60-year service to the community. Let our experience benefit you.
Hospice Sunset Commitments:
- To affirm the patient as a valued individual, preserving the quality of life, dignity and independence.
- To maintain a multidisciplinary team approach in order to provide spiritual, physical, psychological and social support to the patient and the patient’s family.
- To create an environment of trust, comfort, and affection for the patient and the patient’s family during the end-of-life process.
- To support the family and loved ones during the patient’s illness and through bereavement.
- To promote palliative care education with the patient, loved ones and family, and to ensure that staff are trained and motivated to care for patients with end-of-life issues.
- To assist patients in living each day to the fullest in a comfortable place, free of pain, and in the company of loved ones.
Have Questions? Enter your email address below to get more information about Hospice Sunset