Abba Care Assisted Living
1201 High Grove Dr. , Garland, TX 75041
Reviews of Abba Care Assisted Living
Learn More About Abba Care Assisted Living
Ask a Family Advisor if this is the right community for you.Call us free of charge at (855) 840-7257
Costs for Abba Care Assisted Living
Assisted Living Starting Cost per Month:
Medicaid/Medicare Not Accepted
Tour Abba Care Assisted Living
The best way to get to know a community is by scheduling a tour. See the facilities, meet the staff and residents, and get a feel first hand what it's like to live at Abba Care Assisted Living.
Description of Abba Care Assisted Living
Abba Care was founded in 2003, by Victoria Villapando. As a home health nurse, she visited her patients at numerous assisted livings that housed large volumes of residents, who despite occasional nursing visits wouldn’t see improvements in health or lifestyle because of the enormous size of the facilities.
Seeking a solution, she founded Abba Care Assisted Living, one of the first, small resident-to-care ratio assisted livings in the metroplex. With a smaller facility, more resources and attention could be directed towards quality service and resident needs. Instead of closed cafeterias, an open kitchen could be used for meals. Instead of long hallways that were difficult to walk, short distance hallways would be built. Resident laundry and medications wouldn’t be confused because instead of one hundred other neighbors, residents would only share space with fewer people.
- We cook home-made meals from scratch in our open kitchen (no closed doors, no pre-frozen cafeteria food).
- We do laundry per individual. Your private laundry doesn't end up in anyone else's except yours. Literally.
- We can assist with all your hygienic needs from daily bathing to housekeeping.
Health Care and Day to Day Assistance:
- We organize and administer daily medication schedules per resident.
- We can offer transfer assistance for wheel chair and walker users.
- We coordinate schedules between residents, caregivers, doctors, hospice, and everyone in between.
- Every resident receives a different schedule based on their needs, interests, and time-commitments.
- We create events and activities that build relationships with and between residents.
- We also involve the surrounding Garland community to engage residents with volunteers outside the facility.
Have Questions? Enter your email address below to get more information about Abba Care Assisted Living