Arrowood at Southwestern
500 Lewis Run Road , West Mifflin, PA 15122
Reviews of Arrowood at Southwestern
Jul 13, 2016 | Reviewed by Visitor
I Am A Friend Or Relative Of A Current/Past Resident
Arrowood is pro-profit, and they don’t worry about the people living there. The shortcuts made with the meals are unreal. I didn’t like it. They’re very business-like and not personal. They have one woman who is supposed to be the activities director, and they work her to death, and she’s tired. Their main activity was bingo. They lack maintenance. The people they have are terrific, but they need more.
Was this helpful?
May 31, 2016 | Reviewed by Visitor
I Visited This Community
I thought Arrowood had a pleasant setting and a pretty nice atmosphere. The guy was very knowledgeable about the facility. They had different movie nights, groups that individuals that can get into, and outings to take people out to different places. They were very knowledgeable and answered the questions that I had. They took us around and showed us the apartments. It was very clean, nice, and presentable.
Was this helpful?
12 Reviews & Ratings From Around the Web
Costs for Arrowood at Southwestern
Independent Living Starting Cost per Month:
Assisted Living Starting Cost per Month:
Medicaid/Medicare Not Accepted
Amenities at Arrowood at Southwestern
Pet Policy: Small pets allowed
Tour Arrowood at Southwestern
The best way to get to know a community is by scheduling a tour. See the facilities, meet the staff and residents, and get a feel first hand what it's like to live at Arrowood at Southwestern.
Description of Arrowood at Southwestern
Completed in 1997, Arrowood is comprised of 122 apartments. The exquisitely decorated building is located within the picturesque 40 acres of the Southwestern campus. Located in the borough of Pleasant Hills and within easy reach of downtown Pittsburgh and all its attractions, Arrowood at Southwestern provides exceptional retirement living while surrounding you with comfortable and affordable lifestyle choices.
An independent living community offering multiple floor plans, ranging in size from studios to generous two bedroom suites. All individuals, regardless of apartment size, have full use of our expansive common areas and amenities.
Each apartment provides Arrowood individuals with their own privacy. Individuals are encouraged to bring their own furniture and arrange their apartments as they wish. Each private apartment is furnished with a kitchenette that includes a microwave and small refrigerator. Arrowood at Southwestern also provides the security that allows residents to feel at ease in their own home. The community features 24 HR onsite security. Safety is also a priority and emergency pull-cords are installed in each apartment to alert us if you need immediate assistance.
Why should you consider Arrowood at Southwestern Retirement Living?
- Take a moment to experience what retirement living is really like.
- Our friends and families would love to share their reasons why they call this their home and best lifestyle choice. “Every day is like Sunday,” is what they will tell you.
- Exceptional hospitality, dining and entertainment with a multitude of support services and well appointed apartments complemented by superior amenities. It’s your choice
When is it time to make the decision to downsize?
- Tired of rising healthcare costs, home maintenance expenses, real estate taxes and household chores? Relieve the burden and headache of household tasks and obligations. Have more time to do what you like, when you like.
- You’ll never have to worry again with our affordable retirement lifestyle options. Flexible options include apartment leasing and services with or without entrance fees. The best home for the next stage of your life should provide more freedom, more convenience, better care and less worry.
Is it less expensive and more financially secure for you to stay in your current home?
- Though your mortgage may be paid off, monthly expenses to maintain your home and lifestyle are higher than you realize and less predictable as your home ages or less able to physically manage the home.
- Living in a Continuing Care Retirement Community can offer a cost-effective lifestyle, can offer a sound investment in your future, and can provide you with more predictable costs and greater financial peace of mind.
All Inclusive Services
- Dining venues and flexible options
- Weekly in-home housekeeping, linen and laundry
- Residence and ground maintenance
- All utilities (except phone)
- Resident business center (fax, copier, computer)
- 24-hour on-site security
- Schedule Transportation
- Guest suites
- Living room seating, fireplace
- Billiard room and card room
- Library and media center
- Guest network Wi-Fi service
- Mail and communications center
- Outdoor courtyards
- Beauty salon/Barber shop
- Shopping venue
- Vehicle/snow concierge service
For Independent Living Information please give us a call for a FREE personalized tour.
Have Questions? Enter your email address below to get more information about Arrowood at Southwestern