Home Care of Western New York
PO Box 10038 , Rochester, NY 14610
Reviews of Home Care of Western New York
Learn More About Home Care of Western New York
Ask a Family Advisor if this is the right home care for you.Call us free of charge at (855) 840-7257
Costs for Home Care of Western New York
Learn About Financing Options
Talk to a Family Advisor about how you can pay for care.
Description of Home Care of Western New York
Home Care of Western New York, LLC was started in recognition of the fact that many aging or disabled family members in our community want and need non-medical care to help them continue living safely and comfortably in their own home for as long as possible. Our compassionate care, respectful service and flexible approach is designed to meet that need. Some of the commonly requested areas that we can help people with are running errands, medication reminders, light house-keeping, meal preparation, laundry, pharmacy trips, grocery shopping, reading materials aloud as requested and assisting with social/recreational activities.
We greatly appreciate the honor, confidence and responsibility that accompany being entrusted with the companion care of your loved ones in their homes. To help each individual we care for maintain the highest possible level of independence, without compromising personal comfort and safety. We take pride in following vigilant screening, hiring and training procedures with every one of our companion care givers. We also take pride in paying our employees a higher wage than other home care agencies, so we can maintain our high standards for recruiting and matching the best possible companion care givers with each individual for whom we provide care.
Our company President, Susan Bennett, has a 28 year career history working in the capacity of senior management within the non-profit sector of Human Services. She received her Bachelor Degree from the University of North Carolina at Wilmington and has continued her education in the field nursing at the University of Rochester. Although Susan began her career in direct care and became a certified service coordinator; her career grew quickly to include directing multiple programs serving people with disabilities and seniors with memory care concerns and medically frailties.
We believe that a personal approach is better when it comes to care-giving. Either our company President or RN/Manager personally conducts each intake meeting in the client's home to discuss how companion care can best fit the individual needs and personal lifestyle of your family member and to help you establish an individualized service plan. We believe that keeping in personal contact with each client helps ensure the highest standards for care are achieved and maintained.
- Meal Planning and Preparation - We will make sure that your loved ones have healthy meals prepared, requiring little or no cooking on his/her part. We will work with you and your loved one to create healthy meals that meet their individual preference.
- Medical Appointments, Shopping and Errands - Will be carried out in accordance with in home care services plan.
- Companionship/Mental Stimulation - We will provide companionship to include such activities as playing your loved one's favorite games, read their favorite books, and have conversation about current events and/or their favorite things.
- Light Housekeeping/Laundry - We provide light housekeeping such as cleaning counters, dishes/unloading and loading the dishwasher, cleaning up after meal preparation, vacuuming, dusting, laundry, bed changing, etc.
- Medication Reminders - We will remind your loved ones that it's time to take his/her medication if this is required in the home care individualized services plan. We do not administer medication
- Safety Assistance/Monitoring of Self Care Tasks - We can monitor your loved ones self care tasks as necessary.
- Pet Care - We understand that having a pet can be an important part of promoting quality of life, so we offer pet care (for most traditional domestic pets) and taking animals to vet appointments among our available services. Please note that animals must be friendly, house trained and the owner must provide vet documentation to HCWNY that all vaccinations are current each year.
These are a sampling of services we can offer to your loved ones via our in home care services. Our registered nurse through her assessment will customize a plan that fits your loved ones needs and personality.
Home Care of Western New York is committed to paying all caregivers a Living Wage
Service Areas14410, 14420, 14424, 14425, 14428 (+44 more)
Have Questions? Enter your email address below to get more information about Home Care of Western New York