FirstLight Home Care of Southern Maine
940 Roosevelt Trail #6, Windham, ME 04062
Reviews of FirstLight Home Care of Southern Maine
Oct 24, 2017 | Reviewed by Doug M
I Am A Current Client Of This Provider
Cared for my mom for three hours daily for just over a year (until we could move her closer to us, out of State). The caregivers nicely maintained mom's apartment, prepared a breakfast and lunch for her daily, and ran occasional errands such as picking up a prescription. Mom loved the three different caregivers who were assigned over that time. The staff seemed well-trained and were genuinely interested in my mother's well-being. I highly recommend them as easy to work with.
Was this helpful?
15 Reviews & Ratings From Around the Web
Costs for FirstLight Home Care of Southern Maine
Learn About Financing Options
Talk to a Family Advisor about how you can pay for care.
Description of FirstLight Home Care of Southern Maine
Worry Free Comfort for Your Loved One:
When you or your loved one needs help at home, turn to FirstLight HomeCare. We offer complete companion and personal care services for seniors, new mothers, those recovering from surgery, or anyone who just needs a little assistance. And with our trusted, highly-trained caregivers and innovative services, you'll have even greater peace-of-mind.
- We work with you to provide a customized solution that focuses on wellness while maintaining client independence and dignity.
- We're owned and staffed by trusted, caring people who have "been there" and who are there now.
- We understand the challenges families face when caring for loved ones across town, or across the country.
- FirstLight has a unique Dementia Program"”building care around the individual, not the disease - incorporating who they were, not just who we see today. It's a personalized and engaging approach, where our goal is to make sure those affected by this disease live the rest of their lives in comfort and with purpose.
Personal Care and Companion Services
- Bathing, Grooming & Hygiene
- Mobility Assistance
- Transferring and Positioning
- Toileting and Incontinence Care
- Feeding and Special Diet Assistance
- Dementia / Alzheimer's Care
- Behavior Health Needs
- Transitional Care
- Meal Preparation
- Hospice Assistance
- Hoyer Lifts/sideboard
- Catheter Care Assistance
- Diabetic Management Assistance
- Bowel Care
- Daily Vitals
- Light Housekeeping
- Grocery Shopping/Errands
- Incidental Transportation
- Medication Reminders
- Grooming Assistance
- Overnight Services
- 24-hour Care
- Respite Care
- Household management assistance
Central and Southern Maine
- Oxford, Androscoggin, Cumberland and York counties
We offer the following additional benefits:
- Medication Management
- One-on-one and couples care
- Hospital to Home post discharge assistance
- Nursing, Facility, and Hospital Transitions
- Re-Admission Rescue "“ assistance post discharge to avoid hospital re-admissions
Caregiver Skills Include:
Ethics, Patient Transfers, Stress Management, Grief Issues, Family Communication, Transition Issues, transportation, household management, Communicating and engaging with Dementia affected people.
|Caregivers employed, bonded and insured:||Yes|
|Caregivers available 24 hours a day:||Yes|
|Available to assisted living facility:||Yes|
|RN on Staff:||Yes|
Service Areas03813, 03845, 03860, 04009, 04010 (+66 more)
Have Questions? Enter your email address below to get more information about FirstLight Home Care of Southern Maine