Vi at The Glen
2500 Indigo Lane , Glenview, IL 60026
Reviews of Vi at The Glen
Jun 20, 2015 | Reviewed by Local Professional
I Visited This Community
This retirement community is ideal for someone who wants to downsize, but is completely active and independent. The units are pricy, but are available at a wide-range of sizes and price points to best meet your needs. There are multiple dining options for those who don’t want to cook daily, and there is a daily Happy Hour. Amenities are above average, and include a full sized swimming pool. The grounds are park-like, and are actually part of an expansive lot with walking trails and beautiful foliage. Residents who have a green thumb can join the garden club. Minimal care and assistance is available for seniors in private units as mobility or memory begins to decline. Seniors who require more hands-on or round the clock care may be able to move in to more skilled care in the nursing suites—which are superior to the average nursing homes.
2 people found this helpful. Was this helpful?
3 Reviews & Ratings From Around the Web
Costs for Vi at The Glen
Continuing Care Retirement Communities Starting Cost per Month:
Medicaid/Medicare Not Accepted
Amenities at Vi at The Glen
State License #: 5100398
Trips & Outings
Nurse Availability: On Site 24/7
Help with Activities of Daily Living
Tour Vi at The Glen
The best way to get to know a community is by scheduling a tour. See the facilities, meet the staff and residents, and get a feel first hand what it's like to live at Vi at The Glen .
Description of Vi at The Glen
Vi at the Glen is an upscale continuing care retirement community (CCRC) located in Glenview, Illinois. Our assisted and independent living community is part of a 1,000-acre master-planned community featuring a wide variety of distinctive amenities. There is also an endless amount of social and cultural programs to enjoy with friendly residents such as cards, billiards, happy hours, and much more. Vi at the Glen offers it all, from fine dining, lifestyle activities, or continuum of care, our community provides an upscale environment intertwined with quality services and programs to deliver a senior living like no other.
Some of the benefits and amenities Vi at the Glen offers and is not limited to:
- A wide range of active and social activities that tailor to your interests
- Whole person wellness: Your body, mind, and soul
- Award winning service and staff
- On site Assisted living, Memory Support, and Skilled Nursing facilities on site
- Scheduled maintenance and repairs for your home
- Weekly light housekeeping of your home, and weekly laundering of linens and towels
- 24-hour valet parking services in our heated garage for your vehicle
- Scheduled transportation for shopping, outings, and appointments
- Front desk staffed 24 hours a day to welcome residents, register guests, and accept deliveries
- Meeting room for lectures and community meetings, parties and celebrations
- Fitness center equipped with treadmills, rowing machines, recumbent bicycles, NuStep & reg cross training machines, air-resistance weight machines, and free weights for strength training and cardio fitness
- Heated salt-filtered indoor pool for lap swimming, instructor-led aqua fitness classes, and relaxation
- Pets welcomed (35.lb and under)
- Billiard, card, and game room
- Spa and Salon
- Walking paths
Whether you want to enjoy the exceptional benefits within the community or want to seek the attractions in the area, Vi offers shuttle services and valet parking to enrich your daily life inside and outside the community. Visit the nearby Chicago area and see a wide variety of cultural and exciting attractions such as the Chicago Botanics Garden or The North Shore center for performing arts, golf at the nearby Glenview Prairie Club or Fox Run Golf Links, shop and dine in the nearby Glenview area, tour the exotic nature of the Oak Park Conservatory, or indulge yourself with history and knowledge at the Frank Lloyd Wright home and studio.
Living at the Vi at the Glen, we take care of you so you have fewer responsibilities and more time to enjoy the wide array of amenities and to truly enjoy your retirement.
How it works
At Vi at the Glen your entrance fee and monthly fee include the cost of your home, chosen from one of our 24 one bedroom, two bedroom, two bedroom plus den or freestanding villa floor plans — all nestled within a neighborhood-like community. And when you move into Vi as an Independent Living resident, care is a party of your residency agreement. Your monthly fees do not increase as a result of moving to our care center for Assisted Living, Memory Support or Skilled Nursing care services. Your only extra costs are for additional meals and ancillary items.
For more than 30 years, Vi has been enriching the lives of seniors. The Vi family of companies includes 10 Life Plan Communities, also known as Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs), across the United States. Since 1987, Vi has owned and operated residential communities for older adults, we work toward providing quality environments, services and programs to enrich the lives of those we serve.
Have Questions? Enter your email address below to get more information about Vi at The Glen