The Windsor at Ortega
5939 Roosevelt Boulevard , Jacksonville, FL 32205
Reviews of The Windsor at Ortega
Oct 12, 2017 | Reviewed by Constance
I Visited This Facility
The Windsor at Ortega had lots of options and active programs for entertainment and socialization for people who were in-between independent care and assisted living. It's a larger community, and it's a lovely place. Even though it had bells and whistles and a little more to offer, they're actually more reasonable price-wise. It's a two-story facility with a lovely lobby, and it almost looked like a hotel. Their memory section was set up like a neighborhood, which was very nice. They also had a nice library, and the place had a neighborhood club atmosphere. I was at their tasting event and the food was good. It just had a little bit of a smell, so maybe that's something they can improve on.
1 person found this helpful. Was this helpful?
Thank you for visiting The Windsor of Ortega and taking the time to write a review! We are so pleased to hear you had a good experience. We're very proud of our activity programs and unique memory care neighborhood, as well as our talented chef's delicious food. We will look into the odor you mentioned, which we suspect was a one-time occurrence. We appreciate the feedback!
35 Reviews & Ratings From Around the Web
Costs for The Windsor at Ortega
Learn About Financing Options
Talk to a Family Advisor about how you can pay for care.
Amenities at The Windsor at Ortega
State License #: 12509
Air Conditioning/Climate Control
Life Enrichment activities
Pet Policy: Small pets allowed
Promote the individuality of each resident
Provide a supportive residential environment
Partner with residents and family in care decisions
Tour The Windsor at Ortega
The best way to get to know a community is by scheduling a tour. See the facilities, meet the staff and residents, and get a feel first hand what it's like to live at The Windsor at Ortega.
Description of The Windsor at Ortega
Opening in June 2014
The Windsor is a licensed assisted living and memory care residence dedicated to providing quality services in a warm, comfortable environment. We offer professional, personalized services designed to enhance the quality of life for those we serve.
At The Windsor, we are dedicated to each Residents' independence, choices and dignity.
Visit us for a tour and you'll see how our combination of a warm residential setting along with the caring, helpful staff at The Windsor is just the right choice for your housing or service needs.
Philosophy of Service
The Windsor is dedicated to providing the highest standard in quality of service, environment, and care to residents and their families. The foundation of our approach to service is built upon fundamental concepts we believe are important to every resident.
The concepts are central in our approach to quality service and supportive residential environments:
- Promote the individuality of each resident
- Offer each resident dignity and respect
- Foster independence for each resident
- Support each resident’s right to privacy
- Support the needs of family and friends
- Provide a supportive residential environment
- Partner with residents and family in care decisions
- Offer individual choices in care, services and lifestyle
At The Windsor, we recognize that each person has individual needs and preferences. With this in mind, we offer each resident a flexible service combination we call Tailored Services. The combination of the Base Monthly Service and the Tailored Services you choose results in your monthly Tailored Pricing. This unique plan provides you with the most individual personal service in the most cost effective manner.
Base Monthly Service Includes:
- Spacious apartment
- Utilities (except phone)
- Routine maintenance
- Weekly housekeeping & linen service
- Health monitoring by full time professional staff
- Life Enrichment activities
- 24-hour access to staff
- Licensed nurse on staff
Tailored Services may include: (but are not limited to)
- Medication Assistance
- Specialized diets
- Assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming, and other personal care
- Assistance with ambulation
- Personal Laundry
The Windsor Personal Assessment provides for cooperative planning between you and our staff. As your needs or wants change, your Tailored Services can change with you. At The Windsor, you pay only for the services you need or want.
Life enriching activities come alive at The Windsor. Residents participate in hobbies, cultural events, educational opportunities, religious activities, and interesting trips, along with the opportunity for new experiences. New friends are made and relationships strengthened by spending enjoyable time together. Special cultural and community events are a highlight on The Windsor Life Enrichment Calendar.
The Life Enrichment Coordinator and the nurse create The Windsor Wellness Program which may include fun exercises, activities, and health education. The Windsor Wellness Program is designed to enhance the overall health and well-being of the residents.
You may choose additional personalized support or services through our specialized program call Windsor Companions. Windsor Companions spend time one-on-one with the resident providing special attention or care such as reading, shopping, letter writing, supervision, and support.
Quality Design Features
Every design feature of The Windsor is based on our philosophy of service and our dedication to creating quality environments and service delivery systems for the residents we serve.
- Elegant home-style architecture
- Porte Cochere providing weather-covered access to front entrance
- Personal Care Suite providing health and wellness evaluations and services
- Therapeutic and relaxing whirlpool spa
- Elegant Palma Sola dining room
- Courtyard Cafe for casual dining and snacks
- Enclosed courtyard / screened lanai
- Seven distinctive apartment styles
- Kitchenette with microwave, refrigerator, sink, and cabinetry
- Wall-to-wall carpeting, except bathrooms
- Large bathroom with curbless shower
- Emergency Call System with speaker response
- Telephone and cable connections
- Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
- For your "Peace of Mind"
- Electronically controlled entrances
- Fire/smoke and sprinkler systems
- Emergency generators for certain living areas
Have Questions? Enter your email address below to get more information about The Windsor at Ortega