310 Commerce Ste. 200, Irvine, CA 92602
Reviews of VITAS Healthcare
Learn More About VITAS Healthcare
Ask a Family Advisor if this is the right community for you.Call us free of charge at (855) 840-7257
Tour VITAS Healthcare
The best way to get to know a community is by scheduling a tour. See the facilities, meet the staff and residents, and get a feel first hand what it's like to live at VITAS Healthcare.
Description of VITAS Healthcare
- Administrative Volunteers
- Patient Care Volunteers
- Telephone Assurance Program (TAP) Volunteers
- Pet Therapy (Paw Pals) Volunteers
- Music Therapy (Threshold Choir) Volunteers
- Volunteers trained to work with Veterans
- Bereavement Volunteers
- Memory Bear Volunteers
- Spiritual Volunteers
- Massage Therapy Volunteers
- Hair Stylist Volunteers
Special Veterans' Programs
- Recognition when admitted; patients who are Veterans receive Armed Forces Service-specific Certificate of Appreciation and hand-written note of gratitude for the Veteran's service
- Follow-up by Social Worker and/or Chaplain and/or Bereavement Services Manager, as appropriate, if the Veteran and/or family need assistance accessing benefits pre and post death.
- Special Veterans' Day events in the community (Senior Centers, Assisted Living Facilities, etc.)
- Special Memorial Day tribute to families of deceased Veterans
- Grief Support groups facilitated by VITAS staff (Chaplains and Bereavement Service Manager) in the community (Senior Centers, Assisted Living Facilities, etc.).
- Grief Education/Bereavement In-services offered in the community for both family members and friends of the deceased as well as staff members of Assisted Living Facilities, Board and Care facilities, etc.
- Memorial Services at Senior Centers and Assisted Living Facilities
- Caregiver Support Groups
- Specially focused bereavement groups such as those for adult women who recently experienced the death of their mothers; for parents grieving the death of an adult child; for the mentally ill.
- Specially focused bereavement workshops such as "Hope and the Holidays" ; "Remembering our Mothers".
- Veteran Program coordinated by VITAS staff member who is a retired Naval Officer.
- Memorial Programs open to the community (Fall Program prior to Thanksgiving; Spring Program prior to Mother's Day, Memorial Day, Father's Day)
- Serve as a Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) site: chaplain interns and residents compliment VITAS staff chaplains and all offer multicultural and interfaith (and in some situations, multilingual) spiritual care for patients and families pre and post death
Have Questions? Enter your email address below to get more information about VITAS Healthcare