650 El Camino Real , Redwood City, CA 94063
Reviews of Thera Care
Learn More About Thera Care
Ask a Family Advisor if this is the right community for you.Call us free of charge at (855) 840-7257
Costs for Thera Care
Learn About Financing Options
Talk to a Family Advisor about how you can pay for care.
Tour Thera Care
The best way to get to know a community is by scheduling a tour. See the facilities, meet the staff and residents, and get a feel first hand what it's like to live at Thera Care.
Description of Thera Care
According the The New York Times article “ Why Hire a Geriatric Care Manger”, “A professional geriatric care manager has been educated in various fields of human services — social work, psychology, nursing, gerontology — and trained to assess, plan, coordinate, monitor and provide services for the elderly and their families. Advocacy for older adults is a primary function of the care manager.”
Not every family has the time or energy to plan, coordinate, and implement all the moving parts of caring for an aging loved one. Hiring a Geriatric Care Manager (GCM) allows you to go back to being a daughter or son, and enjoying all that comes with that. A Geriatric Care Manager takes the role of nurse, social worker, and general life manager off the plate of the loved one who has taken on this large task.
Geriatric Care Managers can assist with:
- Thorough client & home assessment
- Professional Individualized Care Plan Creation and Implementation
- Crisis Management
- Set up and Coordination of Care and Services
- Social wellbeing observation and assessment
- Referrals and Tours of Senior Housing Options
- Medication Management
- Physical Therapy Services
- Referrals to an array of other reputable resources
- Personalized Services and Attention with one dedicated certified care manager
- Coordination of doctor appointments and changes in care/conditions
- Coordination of financial management (bill pay, accounting, etc)
- Coordination of legal documents (Estate Plans, Power of Attorney, Wills and Trusts, etc)
- Guidance and management through the insurance and healthcare system
- Support and Coordination with End of Life care
Geriatric Care Managers who work for TheraCare are certified by the National Association of Certified Care Managers and are members of the Aging Life Care Association. Most of our GCM’s are also Certified Senior Advisors and have experience working in the senior care field. Our Geriatric Care Managers adhere to a strict code of professionalism and ethics.
Certifications and Licenses
- M.A. in Gerontology
- PT - Physical Therapy
- MPH - Master's of Public Health
- CMC - Care Manager Certified
- CSA - Certified Senior Advisor
Areas of Practice
Assessment, Education, Care Management, Counseling, Placement, Referrals, Family/Professional Liaison.
Have Questions? Enter your email address below to get more information about Thera Care