Sunshine Village Assisted Living
2606 E. Greenway Pkwy , Phoenix, AZ 85032
Reviews of Sunshine Village Assisted Living
Nov 20, 2017 | Reviewed by Nancy
I Visited This Facility
Sunshine Village was nice and had individual cottages with about 10 people in each. They have many activities, and I felt like it was a good place. It's not that big, but it was very clean, neat and well kept. Even in the memory care, they try to keep them busy with music and entertainment coming in. They have a big, secure porch outside. It was very pleasant and nice with flowers, trees, and green lawns.
1 person found this helpful. Was this helpful?
May 19, 2015 | Reviewed by Local Professional
I Visited This Community
When I first visited this facility several years prior for an event that was taking place, upon entering the lobby, I noticed that the facility was quite dirty. There were stains on the flooring and furniture and there was a very foul distinct odor in the air. I stayed for the event although, very few residents showed up and the event was very poorly managed and seemed to be really unorganized – a train wreck in all honesty. I left there feeling confused as to what had just taken place. So, earlier this year, when a colleague of mine asked me to accompany her to the facility for yet another event, let’s just say that I was quite hesitant, but I owed it to the residents to give the facility a second chance or to advocate on behalf of the residents for better living arrangements. From the moment we pulled into the parking lot, I noticed quite a bit of change. The parking lot itself was clean, free of litter, unlike my earlier visit. The grounds were beautiful and well landscaped, there looked to be much more ground vegetation that appeared to be kept properly trimmed, well cared for, and frequently maintained. The fountain, which was broken during my prior visit was flowing beautifully, really adding to the beauty of the landscape. The grass was also a deep green and looked positively inviting. Without even having stepped foot into the facility, I could sense that such positive change had taken place since my last visit, just by how beautiful the grounds were kept. I was right. Once in the facility, the first thing I noticed, was that the distinct foul odor which had once stung my nose was gone - the facility, this time, smelled clean and fresh. The stains that I had once seen were also gone. Residents were freely walking about, socializing, and keeping busy – I loved seeing so many residents out in the common areas – this was the biggest change from my visit before, when most of the residents were in their apartments and hardly any of them showed up for the event. Thankfully, this time around, this was not the case because when the concert we were there for was about to begin, residents and their families/visitors began filling the area until it was literally standing room only! The concert was very fun and well organized, much better than the previous event. The residents and their visitors really seemed to enjoy themselves and the entertainment and I thoroughly enjoyed the positive changes I saw during this second visit to Sunshine Village!
1 person found this helpful. Was this helpful?
34 Reviews & Ratings From Around the Web
Costs for Sunshine Village Assisted Living
Memory Care Starting Cost per Month:
Medicaid/Medicare Not Accepted
Amenities at Sunshine Village Assisted Living
Emergency Services: Less than 3 Miles
Shopping: Less than 1 Mile
Recreation: Less than 1 Mile
Full-Time Activity Director
Trips & Outings
Nurse Availability: On-Call 24/7
Tour Sunshine Village Assisted Living
The best way to get to know a community is by scheduling a tour. See the facilities, meet the staff and residents, and get a feel first hand what it's like to live at Sunshine Village Assisted Living.
Description of Sunshine Village Assisted Living
Welcome to Sunshine Village Memory Care Community
At Sunshine Village, we bring families peace of mind to know that care and means do exist that serve to diminish the effects of memory disease and empower the individual to maintain a dignified quality of life. Sunshine Village is solely committed to that task. As the progression of Alzheimer’s becomes more and more difficult to maintain at home, there comes a time when a dedicated, knowledgeable, caring staff can give round the clock care to your loved one that you as a family member deserve. The compassionate and experienced caregiving team at Sunshine Village are knowledgeable in providing this care in a unique, home–style setting.
Continued research shows that the environment is of the utmost importance when attending to individuals with memory care challenges. Environments that supply continued cognitive stimulation and challenges – as well as regular, comfortable daily routines – go a lot further when individuals are in a small group situation, in which their peers are of the same cognitive abilities. Each individual’s quality of life is the defining goal of any memory care community or program. Sunshine Village is no exception.
Sunshine Village Features:
The living environment at Sunshine Village fosters the feeling of being safe at home. This environment significantly enhances the quality of life of the individual in need of memory care. Each of our seven ranch style homes is connected with a winding, circular walking path landscaped with lush green grass, shaded areas, and accented with desert plants and raised gardening beds planted with the season's best annuals and perennials. Residents are encouraged to stroll the environment for the benefits of fresh air and exercise without the worry of wandering outside of the safety and security of the premises.
Daily life includes activities that engage fine motor skills and high cognitive stimulation through social interaction, games, exercise, relaxation and leisure. Each residential cottage is clustered according to similar abilities. Sunshine Village plans the activities of each group geared towards their particular needs, interests, and abilities. Residents are provided with respect, dignity, and grace as their lives and self-esteem are enhanced. Our philosophy is that each and every interaction is an important connection.
In addition, Sunshine Village also features the following:
- Seven distinct households serving approximately 12 individuals in each home, with all levels of directed care
- Caregivers – on site and available to offer assistance 24 hours a day
- Memory Care programming encourages engagement and purposeful activity
- Dementia and difficult behavior specific activity programs
- Assistance with personal hygiene and daily routines
- Frequent wellness assessments and diet monitoring
- High ratio of caregivers to residents to provide personalized care and to build connections with each individual
- Continued focus on each individual's strengths, accomplishments, and preferences
- Family interaction and participation supported through programs, technology, and social media
- Secured garden and courtyard with walking path and raised garden beds
- Housekeeping & linen service, including towels
- Clubhouse – the scene to many of our community events and activities, it also serves the perfect place to host visits from family and friends, enjoy chess or a lively game of cards, or simply enjoy some quiet time reading.
- Terraces & Courtyards – Our beautifully landscaped and maintained outdoor spaces serve as inviting settings for entertaining, relaxation, casual strolls, and catching a few rays. All with ample shade.
- There is always something happening at Sunshine Village. From live entertainment to yoga, art classes, to religious services and more, there is never a dull moment!
The experience of dining in our intimate dining areas in each cottage provide opportunities for social interaction, while nourishing the body and replenishing energy. Sunshine Village believes in and provides each resident with:
- Mealtimes that provide dementia-friendly foods, along with familiar foods to enhance the mealtime experience.
- Snacks in-between meals are provided to insure diets and intakes are maintained.
- The dining areas in each cottage are set up for a pleasing experience that maintains dignity and involves familiarity and socialization through the use of conversation, pleasing table settings and soft background music.
Thank you for your interest at Sunshine Village Memory Care Community. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.
Have Questions? Enter your email address below to get more information about Sunshine Village Assisted Living