Richmond Assisted Living
There are 35 Assisted Living Facilities in Richmond, VA and 10 Assisted Living Facilities nearby. The average cost of Assisted Living in Richmond, VA is $4,673 per month.
Average Cost: $4,500
Brookdale Imperial Plaza offers something for everyone in our elegant oasis located in historic Richmond, with wonderful amenities for active seniors and assisted living residents.
Built on 10 acres, Gayton Terrace caters to independent, assisted living and memory care residents, whom we have proudly served for more than 23 years.
Commonwealth Assisted Living at Chesterfield provides comprehensive services for residents in a caring and home-like atmosphere that ensures they maintain a quality lifestyle.
Featuring a lovely courtyard and garden areas, Brookdale West End Richmond is an inviting and warm senior living community, both inside and out.
Conveniently located in western Richmond, Sunrise of Bon Air is short drive from everything that makes life easy and enjoyable, such as restaurants, shops, services and parks.
Elmcroft of Chesterfield is an assisted living and Alzheimer's Care community offering accommodations for those who may require assistance in their daily living activities.
The Crossings was designed with your needs in mind. We offer a continuum of care; even if your needs change your address may not. Our bright and ai...
Nestled in the West End just minutes from Regency Mall, Sunrise of Richmond is an assisted living and memory care community offering services tailored to each unique individual.
Commonwealth Assisted Living at the West End boasts a variety of amenities, including healthy dining options, weekly housekeeping and linen service and transportation services, which allow our residents to live a carefree life.
Ginter Hall South Assisted Living Community was founded on the elements of concerned care and professional excellence, which is something that we stri...
Spring Arbor of Richmond-Henrico, a premier senior living community is located in the beautiful west end area of Henrico and offers Assisted Living...
Morningside in the West End is a senior living community that provides the perfect setting for seniors who are transitioning into assisted living or Alzheimer’s care.
Greenfield Residences at Monument Avenue features a century-old property, renovated into a warm and inviting community for seniors looking to enjoy their retirement years.
The Village at ManorCare, located in Richmond, provides seniors with a selection of amenities to encourage an enjoyable senior living experience.
Chestnut Grove Assisted Living Facility, located in Richmond, provides seniors with a selection of amenities to encourage an enjoyable senior living experience.
Serves solely Master Masons of Virginia, and families. Assets transfer alternatively to Entrance Fee. Assisted Living and Nursing Care on Fee-For-S...
Back to Top
Richmond Assisted Living Facility Costs
The median cost of Assisted Living in Richmond for a single-occupancy apartment is $4,673/month (Genworth - 2013). This monthly cost typically includes rent, utilities, dining, housekeeping and transportation.
Cost of Richmond Assisted Living Facilities
|Commonwealth Senior Living at Chesterfield||$4,200/month|
|Commonwealth Senior Living at Chesterfield||$4,200/month|
|Ginter Hall Assisted Living & Memory Care||$2,450/month|
|Commonwealth Senior Living at the West End||$4,464/month|
|Morningside in the West End||$2,800/month|
|Spring Arbor of Richmond||$4,525/month|
|Elmcroft of Chesterfield||$4,350/month|
|The Crossings at Bon Air||$3,995/month|
|The Crossings at Bon Air||$3,995/month|
|Greenfield Residences at Monument Avenue||$3,500/month|
Cost of Nearby Assisted Living Facilities
|The Crossings at Ironbridge||Chester||$3,700/month|
|Heritage Green of Hanover||Mechanicsville||$3,950/month|
|Morningside of Bellgrade||Midlothian||$3,300/month|
|Tapp Family Home||Mechanicsville||$2,950/month|
|Symphony Manor of Richmond||Henrico||$4,564/month|
|The Crossings at Hanover||Mechanicsville||$5,090/month|
|DPC Assisted Living||Henrico||$2,500/month|
|Hall's Care Homes LLC||Chesterfield||$2,500/month|
Reviews of Richmond Assisted Living Facilities
Very engaging staff members who ensured the residents were properly cared for. Residents appeared interactive and delighted by the environment. Program offers residents three different meals per day. Staff members were all warm, welcoming, and friendly. Various levels of care offered to residents...Read more Chestnut Grove Assisted Living Facility reviews
We chose Commonwealth Assisted Living at Chesterfield. I like that it's nice, very clean, and the staff is friendly. They had a lot of things for the seniors to get involved in. The food tastes good.Read more Commonwealth Senior Living at Chesterfield reviews
My aunt is living in Commonwealth Senior Living at Chesterfield. It is an excellent facility with an excellent staff and administration. They always keep them active with something to do and the food is good, so I don't have any complaints. They take them shopping and to restaurants...Read more Commonwealth Senior Living at Chesterfield reviews
I chose Commonwealth because it had a nice open look to it. Also, they were the only ones who chose to put my dad in regular living instead of memory care. The first day my dad was there, almost everybody in the building came to his room and introduced themselves. It was so nice...Read more Commonwealth Senior Living at Chesterfield reviews
Clean facility with excellent accommodations. Friendly and experienced staff members offer top quality to the units. Most residents within the facility are high functioning and independent. Low staff to resident ratio. The residence has wheelchair accommodations and is handicap friendly...Read more Tuckahoe Senior Living reviews
We are at Brookdale Gayton Terrace. The staff tries to be very accommodating, but they're short-staffed. I'm not happy with the food either. I think it is overloaded with fats and carbohydrates. I think whoever makes up the menu should be fired. The activities are very good though...Read more Tuckahoe Senior Living reviews
Map of Richmond Assisted Living Facilities
Information About Assisted Living Facility in RichmondFounded in 1742, the beautiful and historic city of Richmond, Virginia, offers an ideal location near the ocean, mountains and Washington DC, with mild winters and long summers. This city of 200,000 is rich in history, and as the former capital of the Confederate States, it has many interesting buildings, museums and monuments to explore. Seniors are attracted to assisted living in Richmond because of the many area features such as affordable and accessible public transit, an active arts community and world-class healthcare. There are many attractions for seniors to enjoy in Richmond, including the lovely stores in historic Carytown and shopping at the 1.3 million-square-foot Short Pump Town Centre. Seniors enjoying assisted living in Richmond may also go to the many historic sites in the area, such as the American Civil War Center at Historic Tredegar and the Museum of the Confederacy. Area theatres and live shows are popular, including the Virginia Opera, the Barksdale Theatre and Dogwood Dell, an outdoor amphitheater which hosts the annual Festival of the Arts. Automotive lovers enjoy attending the many area antique and classic car shows, and equine enthusiasts can pick the fastest horse at the Colonial Downs track in nearby New Kent.
Local Hospitals in RichmondSeniors enjoying assisted living in Richmond have access to the award-winning Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) Medical Center, which has been ranked as one of “America's Best Hospitals” by U.S. News Media Group for three consecutive years. The VCU Health System has also ranked among the top 50 hospitals in the country for excellence in rehabilitation, cardiac surgery and kidney disease treatment.
- Virginia Commonwealth University Health System - Main Hospital 1250 East Marshall Street, Richmond, VA 23298 (804) 828-9000
- Chippenham Hospital 7101 Jahnke Road, Richmond, VA 23225 (804) 320-3911
- Henrico Doctors' Hospital 1602 Skipwith Road, Richmond, VA 23229 (804) 289-4500
- Johnston-Willis Hospital 1401 Johnston-Willis Drive, Richmond, VA 23235 (804) 330-2000
- Parham Doctors' Hospital 7700 East Parham Road, Richmond, VA 23294 (804) 747-5600
- Retreat Doctors' Hospital 2621 Grove Avenue, Richmond, VA 23220 (804) 254-5100
- Richmond Community Hospital 1500 N. 28th Street, Richmond, VA 23223 (804) 225-1700
- St. Mary’s Hospital 5801 Bremo Road, Richmond, VA 23226 (804) 285-2011
- West Creek Emergency Center 12720 Tuckahoe Creek Court, Richmond, VA 23238 (804) 784-1000
Richmond Mass Transit
- GRTC Transit System Provider of public transit services for the City of Richmond and Chesterfield County. All transit buses in the city are wheelchair accessible, and many are low-floor, wide-door kneeling models without any steps, making travel to and from a community of assisted living in Richmond easy for everyone.
- CARE Paratransit service for disabled adults or adults over the age of 80.
Discounts for Seniors in Richmond
- Active Seniors Program Offers reduced fares for adults 65 years of age or older on the GRTC Transit System.
- Amtrak Travelers 62 years of age and over are eligible to receive a 15% discount off the lowest available rail fare on most Amtrak trains.
- Greyhound Bus Lines Seniors ages 62 and up receive a 5% discount off the regular fare.
- Historic St. John’s Church Offers discounted admission for seniors ages 62 and up.
- Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens Ages 55 and up can join for a discounted price of $45.
- Richmond History Center Offers discounted admission prices for seniors ages 55 and up.
- Science Museum of Virginia For adults ages 60 and older, discounts are offered for museum admission, IMAX films or a combination of the two.
- U.S. National Parks - Senior Pass The $10.00 lifetime pass provides access to more than 2,000 federal and state recreation sites. At many sites, the Senior Pass provides a discount on Expanded Amenity Fees, such as camping, swimming, boat launching and guided tours.
- Virginia Museum of Fine Arts Seniors ages 65 and older enjoy discounted membership.
Richmond Senior Centers
- Linwood Robinson Center Providers adult citizens age 60 and older with fitness classes, health screenings and social outings. 700 North 26th Street, Richmond, VA 23223 (804) 646-3115
Richmond Senior Services
- Better Business Bureau Senior Fraud Program A place to report fraudulent offerings and possible scams targeted at the elderly. (804) 780-2222
- City of Richmond, Senior & Special Needs Advocate Senior Help Line Provides referrals to senior services and resources. (804) 646-1082
- City of Richmond Adult Protective Services (APS) The local hotline to report elder abuse. Mon-Fri: (804) 646-7405 and Evenings & Weekends: (888) 832-3858
- Senior Connections, The Capital Area Agency on Aging Offers informational and referral services for legal and financial planning, transportation programs and social service benefits to adults 55 and older. 24 East Cary Street, Richmond, VA 23219 Local: (804) 343-3000 or Toll-Free: 1-800-989-2286