Norfolk Assisted Living
There are 6 Assisted Living Facilities in Norfolk, VA and 13 Assisted Living Facilities nearby. The average cost of Assisted Living in Norfolk, VA is $3,851 per month.
Average Cost: $4,500
Rising 17 stories above the riverfront, Harbor's Edge is redefining retirement; at our community we offer a combination of high-end amenities with a full continuum of care.
With a rich tradition of serving seniors since 1896, The Ballentine is an award-winning and leading community for seniors in the region.
Leigh Hall Assisted Living is a premier senior living community in Norfolk and we provide comprehensive services for residents in a caring and homelike atmosphere.
Back to Top
Norfolk Assisted Living Facility Costs
The median cost of Assisted Living in Norfolk for a single-occupancy apartment is $3,851/month (Genworth - 2013). This monthly cost typically includes rent, utilities, dining, housekeeping and transportation.
Cost of Norfolk Assisted Living Facilities
Cost of Nearby Assisted Living Facilities
|Commonwealth Assisted Living at Hampton||Hampton||$3,870/month|
|Dominion Village at Poquoson||Poquoson||$3,281/month|
|Morningside of Newport News||Newport News||$3,000/month|
|Morningside of Williamsburg||Williamsburg||$3,300/month|
|The Waterford at Virginia Beach||Virginia Beach||$2,600/month|
|Dominion Village at Chesapeake||Chesapeake||$2,496/month|
|The Gardens of Virginia Beach||Virginia Beach||$3,000/month|
|The Memory Center||Virginia Beach||$5,000/month|
|Greenfield Senior Living at Chesapeake||Chesapeake||$2,850/month|
Reviews of Norfolk Assisted Living Facilities
Very informative staff who are knowledgeable about the facility. The staff interacts with guest and ensures the residents are kept safe. The property is well maintained and extremely organized. The facility offers clean residence and accommodations for those with vulnerable needs...Read more The Ballentine reviews
The best and brightest minds live and work at Harbor's Edge. I have genuinely enjoyed working with this dynamic team in a community that has truly become my family. New challenges are always met with enthusiasm and fervor. I do love "Life on the Edge"!Read more Harbor's Edge reviews
In July of 2014 my Mom passed away. Being the center of all of our lives, it was very hard on all of us, especially my Dad, having been married for 68 years. He wanted to remain in their home, so initiated a 24-hour In Home Care...Read more Leigh Hall reviews
This facility is spacious, but the irony is its a very close knit community. The residents are treated like an individual and as family. Annual Taste of Home Culinary Competition offers residents an opportunity to submit various recipes to be voted on by other residents...Read more Leigh Hall reviews
Map of Norfolk Assisted Living Facilities
Information About Assisted Living Facility in NorfolkNorfolk is located in the southeast region of Virginia and is one of the major cities which comprise Hampton Roads. The city is rich with historical significance due to its long-standing military heritage. Norfolk is home to the largest naval installation, Norfolk Naval Base, and Norfolk Naval Shipyard. The historical districts of Norfolk are notable attractions for both visitors and residents. Seniors who choose Norfolk will enjoy ample transportation options which make travel around the city and to neighboring areas easily accessible. Downtown Norfolk has numerous attractions including restaurants, shopping, museums and the scenery of Waterside.
Local Hospitals in Norfolk
- Sentara Norfolk General Hospital 600 Gresham Drive, Norfolk, VA 23507 (757) 388-3000
- Sentara Leigh Hospital 830 Kempsville Road, Norfolk, VA 23502 (757) 261-6000
- Bon Secours DePaul Medical Center 150 Kingsley Lane, Norfolk, VA 23505 (757) 889-5000
Mass Transit in Norfolk
- Hampton Roads Transit (HRT) Hampton Roads Transit offers an extensive network of buses that travel throughout Hampton Roads. In addition to local service that connects Norfolk with Portsmouth, Chesapeake, Suffolk and Virginia Beach, commuters can ride the MAX bus for service to the Peninsula.
- Amtrak Amtrak trains from Norfolk provide service along the Northeast Regional line which include central and northern Virginia.
- Greyhound The main Greyhound routes from Norfolk include travel to Richmond with stops in Hampton and Newport News.
- I-Ride Transportation (Senior Services of Southeast Virginia) Transportation services provided by Senior Services of Southeast Virginia include fixed routes and medical transportation. Seniors may schedule transportation for medical appointments during normal business hours.
Discounts for Seniors in Norfolk
- Nauticus Nauticus provides a senior discount on their “White Ticket,” which includes full access to the museum, a self-guided tour and admission to the theater.
- The Chrysler Museum of Art The Chrysler Museum of Art has senior discounts for membership plans which include access to additional exhibits, discounted classes and savings on purchases at the gift shop.
- HRT Hampton Roads Transit offers half-priced one-ways fares for seniors age 60 or older ($0.75). Fare cards for one day, week or month are also half price.
- The Virginia Zoo The Virginia Zoo offers discounts on ticket prices for seniors age 62 and older.
- Norfolk Botanical Gardens The Norfolk Botanical Gardens offers discounts on both one-day admission ($10) and annual memberships.
- Ocean View Golf Course The Ocean View Golf Course offers seniors age 60 and older discounts on both daily and membership passes. Daily rates are $25 for weekdays and $36 for weekends and holidays.
Norfolk Senior Centers
- Prime Plus Norfolk Senior Center 7300 Newport Avenue, Suite 100, Norfolk, VA 23510 (757) 625-5857
- Ocean View Senior Center 600 East Ocean View Avenue, Norfolk, VA 23503 (757) 441-1767
- Southside Senior Center 925 South Main Street, Norfolk, VA 23523 (757) 664-6484
Senior Services for Norfolk Residents
- Senior Services of Southeast Virginia Senior Services of Southeast Virginia (SSSEVA) is a nonprofit advocacy organization that serves Norfolk and surrounding cities of Hampton Roads. Services include health and wellness programs, Ombudsman services, in-home assistance and support for caregivers. Transportation assistance is also available. Interstate Corporate Center 6350 Center Drive, Building 5 Suite 101, Norfolk, VA 23502 (757) 461-9481, 1-800-766-8059 (Toll-free)
- Norfolk Department of Human Services The Norfolk Department of Human Services (NDHS) provides access to many supplemental programs including housing, energy and food assistance. NDHS maintains information on emergency resources for cases of abuse, neglect or for individuals in need of emergency assistance. 741 Monticello Avenue, Norfolk, VA 23510 (757) 664-6000
- Adult Protective Services Norfolk Adult Protective Services offers a combination of in-home services to help seniors remain in their residence, and assistance in cases of abuse or neglect. (757) 664-6123 (888) 832-3858 (Toll-free, after business hours)
- 2-1-1 Virginia 2-1-1 Virginia is a hotline that can link callers with available resources in their area. 211 (Toll-free)