Lexington Assisted Living
There are 8 Assisted Living Facilities in Lexington, KY and 3 Assisted Living Facilities nearby. The average cost of Assisted Living in Lexington, KY is $3,852 per month.
Average Cost: $4,500
Located in Lexington, Brookdale Richmond Place offers a wide range of accommodations and services for individuals seeking independent living, assisted living or memory care.
Sayre Christian Village's Friendship Towers features 100 apartmetns for both active, self-sufficient older adults as well as compassionate assisted living for those who require non-medical services and help on a daily basis.
Highgrove at Tates Creek is a brand-new senior living community that provides Lexington-area seniors comprehensive assisted living and memory care services and first-class amenities in a resort-like setting.
Retirement in the heart of Kentucky bluegrass country awaits at Liberty Ridge, a full-service retirement community that offers independent living to memory care options, and we are eager to welcome you to your new home.
Located amongst gentle, rolling hills and world-famous horse farms, Lexington Country Place is a rehabilitation and skilled nursing care facility for Kentucky seniors.
At Morning Pointe of Lexington, recognition and promotion of maximum independence, choice, dignity, privacy and autonomy for each of our residents are the standards of care.
At Morning Pointe of Lexington-East, recognition and promotion of maximum independence, choice, dignity, privacy and autonomy for each of our residents are the standards of care.
Magnolia Springs Lexington welcomes you to celebrate life with us. Offering both resident-centered assisted living and memory care, we offer a vibrant community where seniors may age in place.
Back to Top
Lexington Assisted Living Facility Costs
The median cost of Assisted Living in Lexington for a single-occupancy apartment is $3,852/month (Genworth - 2013). This monthly cost typically includes rent, utilities, dining, housekeeping and transportation.
Cost of Lexington Assisted Living Facilities
|Morning Pointe of Lexington||$3,750/month|
|Morning Pointe of Lexington East||$3,750/month|
|Magnolia Springs Lexington||$3,495/month|
Cost of Nearby Assisted Living Facilities
|Morning Pointe of Richmond||Richmond||$2,175/month|
|Arcadian Cove Assisted Living, LLC||Richmond||$2,450/month|
Reviews of Lexington Assisted Living Facilities
They try to do a good job here at Brookdale Richmond Place and I'm generally happy with them. They have some entertainment, a swimming pool, a nice courtyard, exercise rooms, and physical therapy. It's a complete facility with five buildings...Read more Richmond Place reviews
Map of Lexington Assisted Living Facilities
Information About Assisted Living Facility in LexingtonThe quality of assisted living in Lexington couldn't be better. With numerous attractions, high-quality healthcare, convenient public transportation and all the cultural events happening in historic downtown, there's no better place to spend your retirement years than Lexington, Kentucky. Nestled in the heart of Kentucky’s Bluegrass Region, Lexington is the second largest city in the state with nearly 300,000 residents. Proudly known as the “Horse Capital of the World,” Lexington boasts a rich history of horse breeding and racing. Home to a number of colleges and universities, Lexington is host to a thriving arts and culture scene, and retirees who choose Lexington assisted living enjoy a mild climate, vibrant local economy and low cost of living. Golfers will love playing on the many affordable, championship-caliber courses throughout the city. And with a thriving arts and music scene, including a professional orchestra, dance troupe and choir, seniors who choose assisted living in Lexington never lack for something exciting to do.
Local Hospitals in LexingtonThree major hospitals serve residents of senior living Lexington: Central Baptist Hospital, Saint Joseph Hospital and the University of Kentucky (UK) Hospital. As an academic medical center, UK Hospital partners with the Colleges of Medicine, Pharmacy, Nursing, Health Sciences, Dentistry and Public Health to provide the most cutting-edge treatments to Lexington residents. Central Baptist Hospital has been serving the Lexington community since 1954 and now runs the well-respected Heart & Vascular Institute, one of the busiest cardiac treatment programs in the state. Saint Joseph Health System is the oldest hospital in Lexington and central Kentucky’s largest provider of health care services with seven locations in the area.
- Baptist Health Lexington 1740 Nicholasville Road, Lexington, KY 40503 (859) 260-6100
- Saint Joseph Hospital 1 Saint Joseph Drive, Lexington, KY 40504 (859) 313-1000
- Saint Joseph East 150 N. Eagle Creek Drive, Lexington, KY 40509 (859) 967-5000
- University of Kentucky Albert B. Chandler Hospital - Pavilion A 1000 South Limestone, Lexington, KY 40536 (859) 323-5000
- University of Kentucky Albert B. Chandler Hospital - Pavilion H 800 Rose Street, Lexington, KY 40536 (859) 323-5000
- Good Samaritan Hospital 310 South Limestone, Lexington, KY 40508 (859) 226-7000
Lexington Mass Transit
- Lextran The Transit Authority of Lexington, Kentucky (better known simply as Lextran) makes senior living in Lexington much easier. With 30 routes running all through town, Lextran can get seniors wherever they want to go. All busses are wheelchair accessible, however the WHEELS door-to-door paratransit program is available through the Red Cross to assist seniors with limited mobility.
- LexConnects (859) 225- 2669 Reserved-ride shuttle service for 10 or more adults over the age of 62 anytime between 10am-1pm Monday through Friday.
Discounts for Seniors in Lexington
- Amtrak Travelers 62 years of age and over are eligible to receive a 15% discount off the lowest available rail fare on most Amtrak trains.
- Greyhound Bus Lines Seniors ages 62 and up receive a 5% discount off the regular fare.
- Lextran Senior Citizens age 62 and older as well as Medicare Cardholders pay reduced fares on lextran buses.
- U.S. National Parks - Senior Pass The $10.00 lifetime pass provides access to more than 2,000 federal and state recreation sites. At many sites, the Senior Pass provides a discount on Expanded Amenity Fees, such as camping, swimming, boat launching and guided tours.
Lexington Senior CentersThe Lexington Parks & Recreation Department operates three community centers with programs specifically designed for adults age 50 and older. Open to all Fayette County residents, the city’s senior adult program offers a number of engaging activities such as table tennis, ceramics and other art classes. Organized day trips and other outings to regional destinations are also scheduled monthly. Whether learning a new skill or making new friends, retirees enjoying Lexington senior living are always welcome at the city’s senior centers.
- Lexington Senior Center 1530 Nicholasville Road, Lexington, KY 40503 (859) 278-6072 This center acts as an information clearinghouse for older persons and their families. It provides help with health care, housing, financial assistance, advanced care planning, etc. The center also offers recreational, social and educational activities at minimal to no cost.
- The Senior Center at Charles Young Center 540 E 3rd St Lexington, KY 40508 Open to Fayette County Residents 60 and older Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays 9am - 1pm.
Lexington Senior Services
- Bluegrass Area Agency on Aging & Independent Living 699 Perimeter Drive, Lexington, KY 40517 (859) 269-8021 or 1-866-229-0018 Local agency on aging providing referrals to services and other resource information.
- Office of Aging Services and Disability Support Lexington-Fayette Urban-County Government 200 E. Main Street, Lexington, KY 40507 (859) 258-3806 Identifies, assesses, and coordinates service needs of elders and individuals with disabilities, including any barriers to their ability to successfully age in place.
- Cabinet for Health and Family Services 275 E. Main Street, Floor 3 EE, Frankfort, KY 40621 Office designated as the State Unit on Aging charged with administering the Older Americans Act programs through the Area Agencies on Aging in Kentucky. Administers the homecare, personal care attendant, adult day care, and Alzheimer’s respite programs throughout the state, and the Kentucky Family Caregiver Program.
- Legal Helpline for Older Kentuckians/Access to Justice Foundation 1-800-200-3633 Free legal advice and assistance for senior citizens (age 60 and over). Older Kentuckians and their caregivers can speak to an attorney about legal issues and can receive information and referral on non-legal matters.
- Handicap Parking Permit Fayette County Clerk 162 East Main Street, Lexington, KY 40507 (859) 253-3344
- University of Kentucky Sanders-Brown Center on Aging 800 S. Limestone Street, 101 Sanders-Brown Building, Lexington, KY 40536 (859) 323-6040 Provides research, education and service programs in aging with a strong focus on Alzheimer’s Disease research. Educational programs offered to professionals, students, older adults and their caregivers.
- University of Kentucky Eldercare 155 Seaton Center, Lexington, KY40506-0219 (859) 323-4600 or toll-free: 1-800-873-8532 The UK Elder Care program is offered as a free benefit for UK faculty, staff, retirees and their spouses and family members who provide care to an older adult family member or friend. An Eldercare specialist will locate resources in any area of Kentucky or the U.S. as often as necessary. Confidential consultation/counseling, support groups, seminars/workshops, among other services are provided as part of UK benefits.
- Bluegrass Area National Family Caregiver Support Program 699 Perimeter Drive, Lexington, KY 40517 (859) 269-8021 or 1-866-229-0018 Provides information and assistance in locating and obtaining services for caregivers, caregiver counseling, caregiver training, financial assistance with respite care, medical equipment and other supplies.
- Alzheimer’s Association of Greater Kentucky & Southern Indiana 1065 Dove Run Road, Suite 2, Lexington, KY 40502 (859) 266-5283 or 1-800-272-3900 Provides a 24-hour Helpline, support groups, the Medic Alert + Safe Return® program, educational materials and programs, and Best Friends Day Center for persons with Alzheimer’s disease or related disorders and their caregivers.
- Jewish Family Services (JFS) 1050 Chinoe Road, Suite 302, Lexington, KY 40502 (859) 269-8244 Primarily focused on assisting the Central Kentucky Jewish community through referrals to community resources and provision of psychosocial supportive services that include assessments, crisis intervention, case management, advocacy, family life education, as well as educational programming in the community.