Birmingham Assisted Living
There are 25 Assisted Living Facilities in Birmingham, AL and 7 Assisted Living Facilities nearby. The average cost of Assisted Living in Birmingham, AL is $2,875 per month.
Average Cost: $4,500
Elmcroft of Grayson Valley is a beautiful assisted living community located in the Trussville/Clay area.
River Highlands of Birmingham features private and semi-private one- and two-bedroom suites. Compassionate care is available around the clock, provided by licensed professionals.
Enjoy the prestige of Birmingham’s Riverchase area at Galleria Woods, a continuing care retirement community offering superb amenities and comprehensive range of senior care.
Built around two scenic, landscaped courtyards, Columbia Cottage is a stately senior living community specially designed and furnished to represent some of the best of southern living.
With our amenities, services and active social calendar, and family-like connection with our residents and their families--it is apparent why we are loved by the Vestavia Hills community, and why our residents love to call Chateau Vestavia home.
Lakeview Estates in Birmingham, Alabama offers southern comfort to senior residents who need personalized assisted living or memory care services.
St. Martin's in the Pines is a continuing care retirement community offering all levels of care. We are a not for profit faith based community that ha...
Birmingham’s Brookdale Place at University Park offers timeless beauty, classic architecture, unparalleled programs, and a range of exceptional senior care options.
After a lifetime of work, it’s time for you to have fun, which is exactly what you’ll experience at Regency Retirement Village of Birmingham because we handle of all of life’s responsibilities.
Assisted Living and Nursing Care on discounted Fee-For-Service basis. Also offer rental plan.
Refund Plans: 100% of Entrance Fee with discounted Assisted Living and Nursing Care; 50% Refund with lower discount for Assisted Living and Nursing...
Conveniently located, Regency offers residents the care and services they deserve in an intimate setting with opportunities to explore the surround...
Back to Top
Birmingham Assisted Living Facility Costs
The median cost of Assisted Living in Birmingham for a single-occupancy apartment is $2,875/month (Genworth - 2013). This monthly cost typically includes rent, utilities, dining, housekeeping and transportation.
Cost of Birmingham Assisted Living Facilities
|Elmcroft of Grayson Valley||$3,300/month|
|River Highlands of Birmingham||$3,350/month|
|Regency Retirement Village - Birmingham||$2,950/month|
|Columbia Cottage - Mountain Brook||$3,037/month|
Cost of Nearby Assisted Living Facilities
|Gardens of Pelham||Pelham||$2,590/month|
|The Olive Home Assisted Living||Oneonta||$2,150/month|
|HarborChase of Jasper||Jasper||$2,995/month|
|Country Cottages at Birmingham, Hoover||Hoover||$2,088/month|
|Somerby at St. Vincent's One Nineteen||Hoover||$3,740/month|
Reviews of Birmingham Assisted Living Facilities
Galleria Woods Independent Living was chosen by my Mother, brother and myself 8 years ago for the opportunities it provided to stay active enjoy the company of others...Read more Galleria Woods reviews
Map of Birmingham Assisted Living Facilities
Information About Assisted Living Facility in BirminghamLocated along the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, Birmingham is the largest city in the state of Alabama with a metropolitan population of over one million residents. Founded in 1871 and once the industrial hub of the southern United States, this city is now home to many medical research, financial, education and service companies. Residents of Birmingham assisted living communities enjoy a temperate climate with a comfortable year-round average temperature of 62°F. Known as the "Magic City," Birmingham boasts a vibrant downtown area along with the most green space per resident of any U.S. city.
Local Hospitals in Birmingham
- Birmingham VA Medical Center 700 South 19th Street, Birmingham, AL 35233 205-933-8101
- Cooper Green Mercy Health Services 1515 6th Avenue South Birmingham, AL 35233 205-930-3200
- Princeton Baptist Medical Center 701 Princeton Ave SW, Birmingham, AL 35211 (205) 783-3000
- Saint Vincent's Birmingham 810 St. Vincent's Drive, Birmingham, AL 35205
- (205) 939-7000
- Saint Vincent's East 50 Medical Park East Drive, Birmingham, AL 35235 (205) 838-3000
- Trinity Medical Center 800 Montclair Road, Birmingham, AL 35213
- University of Alabama Hospital at Birmingham 619 19th Street South, Birmingham, AL 35249-1900 (205) 934–4011
Birmingham Mass Transit
- Birmingham-Jefferson County Transit Authority Known as "MAX", this public bus service covers the entire Birmingham and Jefferson County area.
- Clastran This dial-a-ride paratransit shuttle services offers low rates for seniors and capabilities for disabled travelers. Serves people who are 60+ traveling in Jefferson, Shelby and Walker Counties.
Discounts For Seniors in Birmingham
- Amtrak Travelers 62 years of age and over are eligible to receive a 15% discount off the lowest available rail fare on most Amtrak trains.
- Greyhound Bus Lines Seniors ages 62 and up receive a 5% discount off the regular fare.
- Movie Theaters Most theaters offer a $3.00 discount to seniors over 60 throughout Birmingham.
- U.S. National Parks - Senior Pass The $10.00 lifetime pass provides access to more than 2,000 federal and state recreation sites. At many sites, the Senior Pass provides a discount on Expanded Amenity Fees, such as camping, swimming, boat launching and guided tours.
- The University of Alabama at Birmingham UAB offers senior discounts for their plays and sports events for all people over 60.
Birmingham Senior Centers
- Heardmont Senior Center - Shelby County 5458 Cahaba Valley Rd, Birmingham, AL 35242 (205) 991-9206
- The Homewood Senior Center 816 Oak Grove Rd, Homewood, AL 35209 (205) 322-6500
Birmingham Senior Services
- AgeLine.net & The Alabama Cares Program Ageline.net is the website created by the state of Alabama to support the Alabama Cares program that provides information and resources to seniors. 1-800-AGELINE (1-800-243-5463)
- Alabama Department of Senior Services Is a website run by the department of health to put seniors in touch with all of the government agencies they may need. (334) 206-5300
- Birmingham Area Seniors Coordinating Council Keeps seniors in Birmingham on the move and social with classes, parties, and get-togethers. 2121 Midvale Street, Birmingham, MI 48009-1509 (248) 203-5270
- Middle Alabama Area Agency on Aging Area Agencies on Aging (AAAs) offer information and services to assist older adults stay in their homes. This can include information or services for at home meals, homemaker assistance and other services to make independent living at home a viable option. 110 North Main St, Columbiana, AL 35051 (205) 670-5770
- Office of Senior Citizens Services Provides information and services to assist older adults stay in their homes. Serves Jefferson County residents. 2601 Highland Ave Birmingham AL 35205 (205) 325-1416
- Retirement Systems of Alabama Offers relevant news about legislation in Alabama concerning retirees and what they can do to make changes in the government. (877) 517-0020
- State Unit on Aging - ALABAMA, Region IV Each state has a State Unit on Aging (SUA) that oversees services and benefits to state residents delivered through local Area Agencies on Aging (AAAs). SUAs and AAAs were established under the Older Americans Act (OAA) in 1973 to respond to the needs of Americans aged 60 and older in local communities. 770 Washington Avenue, Suite 470, Montgomery, AL 36130 (334) 242-5743