Caregivers are often thrown into their role overnight and face a steep learning curve. The blogs below are the best on the web for anyone looking for an engaging, insightful blog with caregiving advice, news, stories, and tips related to assisted living, home care, alzheimer’s care, etc.
Overall Winner: New York Times: The New Old Age – Caring and Coping
What our judges said:
“Best of the best — but with the NYT’s resources and writers, I’d expect nothing less”
“Full of relevant information. Modern, streamlined, and easy to use.”
Winner by Popular Vote: BMA Management Blog
The BMA Management blog won with 78 votes as of December 16, 2010.
Our dedicated panel of experts rated 38 Senior Living Blogs. Here are the Best Senior Living Blogs as ranked by our panel:
- New York Times: The New Old Age – Caring and Coping
- Everyone is Aging Blog
- Enduring Care
- MaryEllen’s Blog – The Intentional Caregiver
- MyOptumHealth – Seniors’ Health
- Transition Aging Parents
- Everyday Health Senior Health Center
- Medicare Solutions Blog
- Holly Eburne
- Inside ElderCare
- Aging Pro
- Minding Our Elders
- Patti’s Blog
- Healthline Senior Health Learning Center
- Alzheimer’s Speaks
- 3GenFamily Blog
- BMA Management Blog
- EldercareABC Blog
With so many great senior living blogs the scores were very close. Explore the sites below to discover other great senior living blogs.
Are you a finalist? Get your official finalist badge here.
Are you a nominee? Get your official nominee badge here.
What this category includes:
- Consumer focused content: the majority of the content is targeted to consumers (vs. the senior living industry)
- Content related to caregiving, assisted living, independent living, alzheimer’s/memory care, skilled nursing care, and continuing care.
- Blogs, which means that the content is displayed in reverse-chronological order.
- To qualify, a blog must have at least 6 posts per year.
Learn more about the SeniorHomes.com Best of the Web contest.