The Federal government, States, Counties and even some cities have created great resources with information specific to their jurisdiction. We’ve aggregated the best Government resources for caregivers.
Overall Winner: Medicare.gov Caregiver Information
What our judges said:
- “Impressive government site-engaging, more like many commercial sites, a bit overwhelming, but nice that it offers varying formats & visually appealing”
- “A top resource”
- “Very engaging and compassionate; good caregiver resources.”
- “The federal government seems to have the most comprehensive understanding of the needs of seniors and their caregivers. Adding caregivers stories helps to add some emotion to the site.”
Our dedicated panel of experts rated 17 Government Resources. Here are the Best Government Resources as rated by our panel:
- Medicare.gov Caregiver Information
- US Department of Veteran’s Affairs
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) Senior Health
- Administration on Aging
- USA.gov Senior Citizen’s Resources
- ElderCare Locator – US Department of Health and Human Services
- Nursing Home Compare
- Area Agency on Aging of Pasco-Pinellas
- California Department of Aging
- Senior Services – Washington State
Other Finalists Included:
Are you a Finalist? Get your official finalist badge here.
What this category includes:
- Federal, State and Local Government websites
- Consumer focused content related to senior living and caregiving including assisted living, independent living, home care, alzheimer’s care, etc.
Learn more about the SeniorHomes.com Best of the Web contest