Looking for online resources as a caregiver? We’ve narrowed the list down for you and found the best resource sites for caregiving, assisted living, alzheimer’s care, independent living, home care, etc. Get your questions answered with expert advice, guidance and tips.
Overall Winner: Alzheimer’s Association
What our judges said:
“Obviously a trusted go-to for highly credible information on Alzheimer’s disease, research, etc. ”
“Great Alzheimer’s Disease resource”
Winner by Popular Vote: ConnectAde
ConnectAde won with 83 votes as of December 16, 2010.
Our dedicated panel of experts rated 25 Caregiver Resource Sites. Here are the Best Caregiver Resources as rated by our panel:
- Alzheimer’s Association
- ALFA Consumer Corner
- AARP Caregiving Resource Center
- Alzheimer’s Foundation of America
- Dr. Marion
- Family Caregiver Alliance
- Seniority Matters
- HelpGuide.org Caregiving and Support
- eCare Diary
- Silver Planet
- Caregivers Library
- Assisted Living Consumer Alliance
- HealingWell.com Alzheimers Center
- Aging with Grace
Other Finalists Included:
Are you a finalist? Get your official finalist badge here.
Are you a nominee? Get your official nominee badge here.
What this category includes:
- Consumer focused content: the majority of the content is targeted to consumers (vs. the senior living industry)
- Websites with helpful information about caregiving and senior living including assisted living, independent living, alzheimer’s/memory care, skilled nursing homes, home care and continuing care.
- These sites are not blogs, but rather are websites with the bulk of the information of a more permanent or “evergreen” nature, organized with typical website navigation.
Learn more about the SeniorHomes.com Best of the Web contest.