Tour LovingCare@Home, Inc.
The best way to get to know a community is by scheduling a tour. See the facilities, meet the staff and residents, and get a feel first hand what it's like to live at LovingCare@Home, Inc. Home Care.
Description of LovingCare@Home, Inc.
LovingCare@Home does what the name says, provides loving care within the home. In fact, our motto is "treat others as you would treat your mother."
Our goal is your loved one's safety and comfort so they can remain in their home as long as possible. Many are able to spend their remaining days in the comfort of home with the help of hospice and home care.
Non-medical home care can provide one or more of the following supports for independent living:
- Oral Hygiene
- Laundry/Change Linens
- Medication Reminders
- Supervision/Safety/Fall Prevention
- Grocery Shopping
- Meal Planning and Preparation
- Transportation/Escort to Activities and Appointments
- Care Management at the Hospital
- Transition to Home from Hospital or Rehab
- Support for the Family Caregivers
As you can imagine, our caregivers are at the heart of the great service we provide to you and your loved ones. You'll find our caregivers are outstanding in every way - personality, ethics, behavior, compassion, empathy, along with the skills required for the work they do.
We hire the best caregivers because we:
- Start with a pre-interview personality, behavior and attitude assessment and select only the best
- Focus on skills, experience, and whether their personality matches the job
- Require a background check and driving record report
- Ensure CPR, first aid, Arizona fingerprint clearance card, current TB negative, and a 10-panel drug screen initially and randomly
- Verify employment record and references
These very special people are our employees, not contractors, which means we take care of payroll, withholding and taxes so you don't have to.
You don't need extra insurance, either, because we cover worker's comp and liability.
Our staff takes ongoing training and is supervised in the home through visits, telephone calls and re-assessments of client needs. We expect our clients to tell us if there's a problem so we can fix it.
The next step is a telephone call where we can discuss your needs.
Caregiver Skills Include:
Ethics, Patient Transfers, Communicating with Dementia Patients
|Caregivers employed, bonded and insured:||Yes|
|Caregivers available 24 hours a day:||Yes|
|Available to assisted living facility:||Yes|